A lot of people while looking at pre-installed applications in their devices, stumble upon an application named “KLMS Agent” and assume it to be harmful to their device. Many users misunderstand it to be a virus or some harmful agent to disrupt their privacy. And in this article, we are going to provide you a detailed knowledge regarding KLMS Agent and what it is and if it is harmful to our Android devices. So we would suggest you keep reading till the end and if you come across more doubts then, let us know in the comments below.
- 1 What Is KLMS Agent?
- 2 Features Of KLMS Agent Or KNOX
- 3 How To Uninstall KLMS Agent?
- 4 Conclusion
What Is KLMS Agent?
The KLMS agent or also known as com.Samsung.klmsagent is a part of Samsung’s security framework popularly known as KNOX. It is designed primarily to protect the user’s data, anonymity and to keep their business devices secured.
As described by Samsung, KNOX is built from a hardware chip encrypt and provide security to data like credit card transactions, passwords, or any other confidential files, and much more. KNOX ensures privacy and a secure environment in all the devices.
1. Is KLMS Agent A Virus?
As we have already provided information above that KLMS Agent is not a virus, it is a very helpful application for the users. It works towards providing safety to user’s important data and files.
But often, most people confuse this agent with a virus or considers it to be a part of it and want to get rid of it. However, you can know to take a breath of relief as it is no virus and causes no harm to your device.
However, the KNOX app runs in the background and consumes system resources, and therefore, many users have complained that KNOX drains the battery. Samsung comes packed with a lot of in-built apps and KNOX is one such system apps that run in the background, so it’s not the only reason for the battery drainage issue. Now, let us have a more in-depth study of the KLMS agent by understanding its features.
Features Of KLMS Agent Or KNOX
KLMS agent is a part of the KNOX platform and has quite a lot of features that make it useful for users, therefore, you must have a look at them:
1. Data Storage Protection
It offers insane encryption services, that encrypts user’s private data such as passwords, pictures, credit card transactions, phone numbers, emails, etc. It encrypts the data in such a manner that nobody can modify it, it is brilliant at data storage protection and devices need this agent.
2. Network Protection
As we are all aware that network connections such as WiFi, Bluetooth, hotspot are vulnerable and are hackable. So KLMS agent secures all the networks that your device links to and keeps your system secured. It will defend all the hacks and will protect the linked networks.
3. Software Integrity
The KNOX helps to identify any intrusion towards the apps that are installed in a system and senses every attempted alteration. And to protect the app data, it locks the application for data protection therefore, the intruder can’t cause any harm or steal data from within the apps.
4. Specialized User Experience
KNOX also helps in providing users with access to extend their screen timeout, hide notifications from their device, or enable sleep mode, and much more.
5. Minimum Privilege
Programs in devices require access to resources to operate efficiently. KNOX maintains the minimum use of potential resources to preserve the system’s stability.
How To Uninstall KLMS Agent?
We have already mentioned that KLMS is not a virus and causes no harm to your device rather it is a very helpful application that provides security to your data files. And therefore, there’s no need to uninstall it but if you still want to consider uninstalling it then, you can proceed with the methods below that will help you in uninstalling this in-built application from your Samsung device.
If you have not rooted your device and in case, you are using an older version of the Samsung series then, follow this method given below.
1. Uninstalling In Non-Rooted Device
If you have not rooted your device then, you are supposed to follow this method for uninstalling KNOX from your device, simply follow the steps:
- First of all, you will have to open the “KNOX” application on your Samsung device, and then, you have to click on “Settings”.
- You have to click on the “Configuration KNOX” option and its page will open on the screen.
- Then, select the “Uninstall KNOX” option to uninstall the application from the system.
- Also, you will be asked if you need the backup KNOX files, you can click on the “Backup Now” button and then, “OK” button and that is it, you are done! You have successfully uninstalled the KNOX/KLMS agent from your device.
2. Uninstalling KLMS Agent With Root Access
If you have rooted your device then, we will recommend you to use this method for uninstalling the KNOX application from your device forever. It is a very easy method and can be followed by anyone. Also, you need to remember that this application ID of no harm to your device and therefore, you must be very careful while removing such applications that are developed to secure your device from the system and if you choose to uninstall them, you must take backup.
So, to take backup manually of the KNOX application, first follow the steps provided below, we are telling you how to backup data using the cloud, you can use the other methods of backing up as well:
- Open “Settings” on your device and then, head to the “Accounts & sync” option.
- You have to click on the “Auto-sync Data” option which is present under the ‘Accounts’ tab.
- Now, tap on Google and then, enable the data that you would like to backup.
- Then, head back to settings and click on the “Backup and Reset” option. That is it.
Now, you can uninstall the KNOX application by following the steps given below:
- You will have to download the “Titanium backup” application or you can simply click here to install.
- Once it is installed, launch the app on your device.
- Search for “KNOX” and then, you will see a list appear on the screen.
- You have to select all the applications that we are mentioning below and delete them:
- KNOX Store
- KLMS Agent
- Knox Notification Manager
- com.sec.Knox.events manager
That is it, uninstall the applications listed above and reboot your device.
I hope this article helped provide knowledge regarding KLMS Agent and what it is and also, how to disable it. We would still like to remind you all that it is not a virus and neither is harmful to your device. But if you want to continue disabling it then, we have provided you with the detailed steps to follow. If you still have any queries then, you can let us know in the comments below.