As we use the internet and the virtual world for more and more purposes, the need for anonymity has also increased. People can not only keep their identity a secret, but you can also change the way your voice sounds with the help of voice-changing software. In this article we’ll try to find the right answer to the question- Is Voicemod safe? Voicemod is one such software, and we will tell you whether it is safe to use or not.
This article has all the details of the Voicemod program, and we also have a list of precautions that can be taken before and while using the software. It is essential to ensure that the software is safe for the device and does not carry any viruses with it. Keep reading to find out more.
What is Voicemod?
To put it simply, Voicemod is voice-changing software that makes your voice sound different. Users can use this program while playing with their friends, recording a podcast, or just messing around. It’s a fun way to keep your friends and yourself entertained or to keep your identity hidden while being among a large group of online strangers.
Voicemod has a ton of voices that you can morph your own voice into; for example, you can sound like a robot or a chipmunk and anything in between. You can also change your voice into a male-sounding one if you’re a female and vice versa.
There are two versions of the app, and one is a free version that gives you access to the voice-changing facility. However, with the paid version, you will have a lot more in store. The paid version even allows the users to create their own voice mods!
Moving on to the compatibility of the app, you can use it on practically any popular version of Windows. For example, it works well with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. Unfortunately, if you’re a macOS user, then you won’t be able to use this software since it doesn’t support macOS yet. On the other hand, if you want to download it on your phone, then iOS users can do so, but Android users cannot download it.
Is Voicemod Safe?
Voicemod is safe to use and does not carry any virus with it when you download it from the official website. If you download a hacked or tweaked version of Voicemod, then there will be problems with the software. However, if you download the clean and original version from the official Voicemod website, then there should not be an issue.
Even Voicemod Pro [the paid version] is safe to use and does not corrupt your device’s operating system. So you don’t have to worry about the safety of your computer or phone while using the app.
That is why downloading the app from the original website is recommended over getting the cracked version. We can never know what malware the hacked version contains while installing it into the system.
How to Use Voicemod?
There isn’t a long process for you to enable the voice-changing feature of the app—all you need to do is follow the steps below.
- Go to the Voicemod website to download the app.
- Now log in with your email, Discord, or Twitch account.
- Once you finish signing up, the download confirmation will appear on the screen.
- Click ‘yes’, and the download will begin.
- Once you finish downloading the app, launch it.
- Select the voice that you want to use.
- You can use it with any app that allows voice calls or video calls, for example, Discord, Twitch, Skype, OBS, Teamspeak, VR Chat, XSplit, Hangouts, Zoom, Viber, etc.
Even though Voicemod is safe to use, it is always better to be prepared for a virus attack at any time in the future. To prevent any significant loss from taking place if at all there is a virus in your system, follow the precautions given below to secure your data. As the saying goes, precaution is better than prevention.
- Always back up your data in your system. With cloud storage, a huge amount of data can be stored in the virtual space with no problem at all.
- Get the app from the official Voicemod website and not from some other third-party website.
- Have reliable antivirus software and do not disable it while installing software. Make sure you regularly scan your system to check for any rogue virus or malware in the device.
- If there are any updates available, get them also from the official website and not from third-party websites.
Woohoo! You’ve reached the end of the ‘Voicemod review – Is it safe?’ article. You can be sure that Voicemod is absolutely safe to use and will not damage your device in any way. So get ready to sound silly and play around with your friends in your next gaming session. The zombie voice mod is fantastic, but if you’re using the free version, hope for it to be often in your week’s preset. Have a nice day.