Want to view deleted messages on Discord? Then you have come to the right place. Discord is a message application that allows users to talk to their friends and families via chats. Initially, Discord was developed to chat while playing games and now, it has got so popular that people use it in many different ways, for even holding discussions on distinct topics with like-minded people. But there are a lot of times when a user misbehaves and makes use of inappropriate terms in a conversation and then deletes that message instantly after.
Discord users have the authority to report such people on the platform itself. However, you need to have a few details and proofs before reporting a message or a user and therefore, if a message has been deleted then, you cannot view that message on Discord. In this article, we will tell you how to view deleted messages on Discord and how to report them.
How To Report Abusers And Online Harassment On Discord?
Discord is just like any other social media platform where users have the access to report their abusers and those who misbehave with them. But as we have already mentioned above, the process of reporting on Discord is slightly different. You need to have a few proofs while you are reporting any other Discord user.
And you cannot report a deleted message, so you should click a screenshot as soon as you encounter abuse via chats from another user. Here’s the process of how you can report on Discord:
- First of all, open the Discord application on your phone and then, click on the Settings icon which is gear like icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the “Appearance” option listed on the left side of the screen.
- Then, you have to scroll down to the “Advanced” section. And now, enable the switch next to “Developer Mode”, just toggle on the switch.
- Now, you have to look for the message from that particular Discord user that you would like to report and when you find it, right-click on the user’s name and choose the “Copy ID” option. (Remember that you will have to copy a few more IDs so it’s recommended that you paste this ID in a text document before moving forward with the next step).
- In this step, you need to copy the message ID that you need to report, and for that, you just need to right-click anywhere on that message and then select the “Copy ID” option and then, save that ID for later in the same document as above.
- Lastly, you will need the server ID where the abuse happened, so follow the same procedure as above and right-click on the server’s name and then, choose the “Copy ID” option.
- Head to Discord’s Official request form and you have to click on the “Trust & Safety” from the menu that drops down. Enter the details as requires which will be your email address and then, fill out the rest of the form as asked.
- You have to select “Harassment/or whichever option is suitable for reporting” under the “Report Type” column.
- Now, in the Description box, you have to paste all the IDs but with labels such as User ID, Message-ID, Server ID – in a similar manner and paste all the respected IDs against the labels.
- And you can attach the screenshots that you took as well and that’s it verify that you are not a robot and then, click on the Submit button.
Use Dyno Bot
If you’re familiar with bots in Discord then, you must have heard about Dyno Bot and it’s very much likely that you already have it. Dyno Bot is one of the most commonly used Discord bots and it has very special features i.e. ‘Action log’ feature.
This feature enables Discord users to save 10 messages with the free version and up to 100 deleted messages with the premium version, below we have provided the information on how to view deleted Discord messages using Dyno Bot.
You just simply have to open the official website or click here to do so and log in with your Discord credentials. On the left side of the screen, you will notice a few options, you have to click on the ‘Action log’ option after choosing the particular server that you need to manage. And then, simply turn on the ‘Enable Module’ option.
In the next window, you will see many options to choose to log, you have to tick on the ‘Message Deleted’ Option and choose any other as you may desire. Also, you need to remember that you will not be able to see the deleted messages or who deleted which message with Dyno Bot free version.
And you will have to be quick in accessing the logs as you might miss the deleted messages if people keep on chatting.
Can You Report Deleted Messages On Discord?
Well, as announced officially by the Discord developers in 2018 that once a message has been deleted, then it is gone forever and nobody can retrieve it. Therefore, one can not see a deleted message however, Discord is very customizable with bots so, you will have to keep reading to know if there’s any way out of it.
Now, the answer to if one can report a deleted message on Discord is before reporting a particular message on Discord, the user has to provide the Message-ID along with the server ID. Therefore, if the message has been deleted and you don’t have a hold over its message ID then, we are sad to inform you that you can’t report that message.
So, it is highly recommended that you must instantly take a screenshot of that message that is inappropriate and note down the message ID, and user ID as well. And once you have the required IDs, then, you don’t have to worry even if the other user deletes the message, you will still be able to report him/her.
I hope this article helped you in understanding how to view deleted messages on Discord. We have provided you with a complete process of how you can report a user on Discord. We hope you liked reading this article and if there are any other queries then, you can let us know in the comments below.