Discord is a message application that allows users to talk to their friends and families via chats. Initially, Discord was developed to chat while playing games and now, it has got so popular that people use it in many different ways, for even holding discussions on distinct topics with like-minded people. But what if an admin who started a particular server wants to leave and no longer wants to act as an admin, but every discord server needs at least 1 admin to operate. Therefore, in such a situation not a lot of people are aware that they can transfer ownership on Discord and that’s what we are going to talk about.
In this article, we are going to provide you with an easy way to understand how to transfer ownership on Discord, so keep reading mates!
How To Transfer Ownership On Discord (Windows & macOS)?
We all know that Discord was originally developed for gamers so that they can chat while playing games but now, this application is beyond this and a lot of people use Discord for so many useful conversations. Well, in this section we are going to tell you how one can transfer ownership on the Discord server.
And the process is very similar for both Windows and Mac, so you can use these steps in whichever device you use. As we have already mentioned above, only the owners of the server can transfer the ownership to another member and a non-owner can’t do this process.
So, given below are the steps to transfer ownership to another member of the server using the Discord application:
- First of all, open the Discord application on whichever device you like, Windows or Mac, and then, click on the server of which you would like to transfer the ownership, all of your servers are located on the left side of the screen.
- Then, right-click on that particular server.
- A lot of options will appear, you have to click on the “Server Settings” option.
- Another drop-down menu will open up, select the ‘Members’ option.
- Now, find the member to whom you would like to transfer the ownership, and then click on the three-dot icon which is located just beside the member’s name.
- Then, select the ‘Transfer Ownership’ option.
- If a window pops up asking to confirm the transfer then, do as asked and that’s it, you have successfully transferred the ownership to another member of the team.
How To Transfer Ownership On Discord (Android/iOS)?
Well, a lot of people get confused when it comes to transferring ownership on their Android/iOS devices, it’s slightly different from the process that we have mentioned above for Windows/Mac. You can use the same process, you just have to pre-install the Discord application on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps as given below:
- Launch the Discord application on your device and then, log in to your Discord account using your credentials.
- Now, select the server to which you would like to transfer the ownership from the left-hand server list.
- If you will swipe left, you will see all the channels that the server has, and you will also be able to see the three-dot icon located at the top-right corner of the channel list and right next to the server’s name, click on that icon.
- Now, choose the ‘Settings’ option, as shown in the image below.
- Then, scroll down until you find the ‘User Management’ section and then click on the ‘Members’ option.
- Now, click on the member to whom you want to transfer the ownership and then, click on the ‘Transfer Ownership’ option.
- Then, confirm the transfer and that is, your work will be done.
How To Transfer Ownership Of A Discord on Chromebook?
Well, unfortunately, a Discord app for the Chromebook does not exist, it has not yet been developed, so a lot of Chromebook users get annoyed if they want to perform the same task and don’t know-how. So, in this section we are going to provide you with a step-by-step guide detailing the method of how you can transfer ownership on Discord on Chromebook:
- You will have to use Discord on the Browser, so open the Discord website or simply click here to open it on your browser.
- Then, click on the ‘Open Discord on your browser’ button from the screen.
- You’ll be provided with two methods for login, you can either use your credentials or easily scan the QR code that they have provided via your phone.
- Open the Discord app on your phone and then, head to your profile icon which is located at the bottom of the screen as shown in the image below.
- You will see a “Scan QR Code” option, click on it and then, scan the QR code on your Chromebook using your phone’s camera.
- Then, simply confirm that you trust your computer and that’s it, you are successfully logged in, now follow the steps that we provided in the section above for Windows and Mac OS.
I hope this article helped you in understanding how one can transfer ownership on Discord. We have provided you with different ways for distinct devices. We hope you liked reading this article and if there are any other queries then, you can let us know in the comments below.