I don’t know if you already know this or not, but if you are a student then, you can avail of some awesome benefits. You can get Tidal membership for half-rate i.e. you can get the benefit to attain a maximum 50% discount on your Tidal Premium membership. And all of this is possible if you are a student, you will be eligible to attain a Tidal Student discount. This is awesome and now I bet you would love to know more about it so, keep reading.
I would first like to tell you that Tidal is the first global music streaming platform that is used by millions of people. It has over 60 million tracks and tons of exclusive interviews and high-quality videos. The app provides some amazing guest playlists exclusively curated by some of the top artists that we love.
It provides its users with high fidelity sound, hi-def video quality, making it one of the most trusted sources of music.
Eligibility Criteria For Tidal Student Discount
So that you know, Tidal uses the same identification software that Spotify and many other huge online services use i.e. SheerID. It is one of the most popular software that verifies the identity of a person and their eligibility for a certain discount.
Thus, to attain Tidal Student Discount, one needs to attend Title IV, degree-granting university/college in the United States. Also, a student needs to be 16 years or older to be eligible for this discount. Tidal is offering a complete 50% off discount for students, and you will also get a free trial before the actual subscription begins.
You need to know the subscription fees of their student discount plans, and they are $4.99/per month if you choose the Student Premium plan and it is $9.99/per month for Student HiFi if you want to experience high sound quality.
The first requirement for claiming the discount is a Tidal account. You will need an account in the Tidal app, it shouldn’t be a part of a family plan or registered through a partner’s account. Also, you need to remember that whichever document you are uploading should have your complete name.
The name present on the account must match the name present on the documents. We are going to mention a few documents that are accepted by the SheerID: tuition receipt or registration slip; transcript; class schedule; official enrolment letter, etc.
How To Claim Tidal Student Discount?
We are going to tell you about the Tidal Student Discount and how you can sign up for this discount. It is a very simple process though, all you have to do is follow the given instructions:
- You have to head to the official site of Tidal, open the site in your browser from here.
- Now, you will have to log in to your account, you can do so by simply entering your email address and password. You can also log in using Facebook or Twitter if you have linked your account to these apps.
- On this page, you will have to choose the type of account that you would like from family, student, military, etc.
- You have to choose “Student” and then, complete the process by entering your payment information on Tidal. You can choose from the Student Premium plan or HiFi plan as per your choice.
Process To Verify As A Student And Claim Discount
Okay now that you have completed the process of signing up and choosing the student plan or the premium plan, you will have to verify that you are a student. It is important that you verify your eligibility and this is the only way to avail the student discount on Tidal.
As we have already mentioned above, Tidal uses SheerID to verify the student’s identification. Here’s how you can get on with this process:
- First of all, head to the Tidal student discount page or directly click here.
- Now, you will be asked to fill in certain information which includes choosing your university from the list of options provided by Tidal.
- You will be provided with a form to fill, so simply fill in the essential details such as DOB, complete name, etc. as asked by them on the discount page. Then, press on the “Continue” button.
- And then, you will have to submit a few documentation of your university that includes your complete name, school/university name, and date within the last 4 months. We have mentioned the required documents above in the beginning.
- Now, you will have to click on the Upload button and upload the documentation whichever is required to verify your student’s status.6. After uploading all the documents, press on the “next” option, a confirmation mail will be sent to your email ID, and then wait for a while until your documents are verified.
And once you have got verified from Tidal, then you can continue to use the Tidal app and stream millions of music and listen to them at a discounted price. You can enjoy listening to songs at a free trial for 30-days, and then, enjoy using it at half price after the trial ends.
If you want to enjoy some thrilling music with amazing sound quality then, Tidal is the best choice. If you are a student then, this article could be a real help to you, you can enjoy all the features at a half-price. I don’t know if there is any better deal than this.
Tidal is considered to be the best music streaming application for a reason and I am sure you would love to give it a try. Don’t wait so long, dive in, and make the best out of these benefits. Being a student comes with a lot of fun and benefits, so enjoy it!
I hope you liked reading the article, if there is any other query then, let us know in the comments below.