Avast Antivirus is one of the best antivirus software available on the Internet and is highly popular for its features. This antivirus program includes the Avast Secure browser from its developers but many users have been complaining about the Avast Secure browser as it has started to disrupt their daily work. People love to use Chrome or Microsoft Edge as their default browser but Avast Secure browser automatically runs on startup without the user’s permission which is very annoying. So in this article, we are going to tell you how to stop Avast browser from opening on startup, keep reading!
It worries a lot of users as it launches as soon as the system reboots. Even the Avast loyal users have certain doubts when it comes to Avast’s secure browser as it creates a sign of mistrust. But worry not as we have 3 ways that you can use to disable the browser from starting itself.
How To Stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup?
Now technically there are a few methods that can be used to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup. These ways have proven to be helpful to many users so you can give them a try. We will go through each method one by one in-depth and will tell you to use those ways, so let’s get started with the first solution, there are 4 solutions in total:
1. Stop Avast Browser Using Avast Browser Settings
Now the first method that can help users to stop the avast browser from opening on startup is by using the browser settings. It is very easy to do the method, all you have to do is follow through the steps that we will provide below:
- First of all, you will have to launch the Avast browser on your system.
- Once you have opened the browser, you will see a three-dot icon located on the top right corner of the screen, you have to click on that icon.
- Here, you have to select the ‘Settings’ option and the Settings will open up in a new tab.
- There will be a left menu side on the screen, you have to look for the ‘On Startup’ option from the same and click on it.
- You will see a couple of options here to enable and disable, you just have to disable the “Launch Avast browser automatically when your system starts” option. It will be most likely enabled already if the browser is starting on its own, so you need to disable it by dragging the slider.
It is one of the most effective and easy to do methods and can be done by all the users. It works efficiently on both Windows and macOS.
2. Using Task Manager
Now, another method is to use Windows Task Manager, which is a function that can be used by Windows users to stop any program from running on startup. So, let’s go through this method step by step to know how to stop Avast browser from opening on startup:
- Open the Task Manager on your PC/laptop, you can open the task manager by using the command ‘ctrl+shift+I’.
- On opening Task manager, you will see a few tabs, click on the ‘Startup tab’, this tab will show you the list of all the apps that launch when the system reboots.
- Then, you have to select the ‘Avast secure browser’ option and you have to right-click on it and select the ‘Disable’ option.
Once disabled, the Avast Browser will run only when launched manually, so it’s a very helpful method indeed and you must try it!
3. Using Control Panel To Uninstall Avast Secure Browser
The last option is to uninstall the whole program, if you want to stop the program completely from operating then you must use this method of uninstallation. However, you must know that you won’t be able to run this app not only at startup but also in the background. So, follow the steps given below if you have considered this option:
- First of all, you will have to open the Control Panel on your laptop/PC
- Then, go to the ‘Programs’ tab and click on the ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- And lastly, in the Features and Programs window, you have to look for the Avast Secure browser and once you have found it, right-click on the program and click “Uninstall”.
4. Use Another Browser
Now, the last option to stop Avast Secure browser from running on startup is by shifting to some other alternative of this browser. If this software is so much problematic and disturbing then, you must consider other wonderful software that works exactly like Avast Secure browser except they require user consent before it launches.
You can switch to some extraordinary private browsers that will keep its users’ privacy a topmost priority and will protect the user data.
This was a very fun article and I hope you enjoy reading it too. There is no doubt that Avast Antivirus is incredible but its browser is not too great. However, we have mentioned a few more programs in the list above, so you can check them out and see which one is more suitable for you. If there are still any queries then, you can let us know in the comments below.