Spotify is one of the most popular applications for listening to music. It has a wide range of music from all over the world and is used by millions of people. But somehow, it’s high-cost subscription is one of the limitations, you cannot download songs if you are using a free version. But if you are a student you can subscribe to the Spotify Premium plan at half the price. How cool is that! We have listed everything about Spotify Student Discount in this article, I am sure you will love it.
What is Spotify Student Discount?
Spotify Student is an amazing program offered by Spotify for college students. This scheme is specially designed for providing some amazing features and benefits to college students. You can have the access to Spotify premium plan at almost half the price if you are enrolled in a verified University. And if anyone doesn’t know Spotify is one of the biggest hubs for music, podcasts, videos, etc. You can listen to any song from across the globe, it has the widest collection. I am going to list down some benefits that you will have once you register for the Spotify Student program.
Features Of Spotify Premium:
Here are some of the benefits that you can enjoy once you become a Spotify Premium member through the Spotify Student discount:
- You can listen ad-free, without getting irritated with ads running in between songs.
- One can achieve the benefits of Spotify Premium at half-price i.e. for ₹59/month or $4.99(in the US and Canada).
- The members can have access to over 30+ millions of songs.
- You can stream offline. That is you can download the songs and then, listen to them offline.
- Enjoy the increased quality of sound.
Eligibility Criteria For Spotify Student Discount
The eligibility criteria of Spotify Student is very easy, one can easily tell if you will be qualified or not for this scheme. You have to be of 18 years or over for applying for this discount.
And you should be enrolled in an accredited institution or University, it is important and necessary that it is US title accredited. Also, you don’t have to worry if you have already applied to the Spotify premium, you will still apply for this discount and achieve benefits from the next subscription month.
You should also know that Spotify makes use of an identification service named SheerID. It is a very well known verification service provider, it will verify that you are enrolled in the mentioned University or college. This service is used by many huge and renowned brands such as Amazon, Nike, etc. If the SheerID will not be able to verify your enrolment with a specific University then, it will ask you to upload a scanned copy of certain documents that might be used as proof of your enrolment.
How To Claim Spotify Student Discount?
So, the process of signing up for Spotify student Discount is quite easy, it is as simple as signing for a normal Premium account in Spotify. However, we will instruct you step-by-step into the process:
- First of all either launch the Spotify app on your mobile or you can visit the Spotify website from here.
- Now, you have to sign in to your Spotify account and if you don’t have one then, you can click on Sign up and create a new account.
- Once you have entered into your account, click on the “Premium” option in your app (as shown in the image below).
- Then, you have to scroll down on this page and then find Spotify Premium Student and tap on it.
- A new screen will pop up, you have to follow up the instructions to verify that you are a student.
- Spotify will ask you to enter a few details such as your name, email address, country, name of college/university, etc. Enter all this information and tap on “Next”.
- Lastly, after this process is over and you are verified as a student, you have to complete the payment procedure. That is it!
You can now enjoy a 1-month free subscription to the Spotify Premium Student plan and after the free trial ends, you can enjoy all the Premium benefits at the half-price which is amazing.
Alternative Way If Verification Fails
If SheerID fails to verify you as a college student of a particular University then, you can manually provide some proofs to Spotify. You can provide them with a few documents that might be enough for proving your enrolment. So, this alternative method should be used if the automatic verification fails, here’s how you can do it:
- Click on this link here, this will lead you to the Spotify Student sign-in page.
- Now, login to your account simply with your email address and password.
- You now will be asked for entering certain detail, but you have to click on the “Manually verify” option instead of “Verify”.
- Spotify will ask for certain information, you have to provide it and then click on Next.
- You will have to insert a photo of the relevant documents asked by the Spotify and for uploading the documents click on the “Choose File” option.
- Pick up the document as your proof of enrolment and then tap on Open. For further information, the documents asked could be a recently issued Student ID card, official Enrolment letter from the University with your name on it, registration receipt, tuition bill or transcript, etc. all the documents must have your name and issue date on it.
- Upload all the documents asked for and if these documents will get verified then, you will be informed and you will finally be able to complete the signup procedure.
We have covered every possible heading concerning Spotify Student. We hope that you find this article useful and loved reading it. Through this article, we have provided with every tiny information that might help you understand this program in deep and we hope that you soon start enjoying your benefits with Spotify. If you still have any queries relating to this program then, please let us know in the comments below.