Not long ago, we had to rely on Bluetooth to make file transfers and it was painfully slow. Apps like SHAREit has made transferring files between smartphones extremely simple and quick. But have you ever wondered if there’s SHAREit for PC? If you have, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we are going to take a look at how you can use SHAREit on a PC, how you can use it send files to different platforms, and an alternative to SHAREit just in case. Let’s get started.
SHAREit is a popular file-sharing app used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. It is available for Android and iOS but did you know that there is a version for the PC too? The app can be used to send and receive files from the PC to an Android, an iOS, a Mac, and even another PC. The app supports the same features as its mobile counterpart. The features include:
- Up to 20 MB/s file transfer speed.
- Can be used to send all types of files (photos, videos, apps, audio clips, documents, etc).
- No limitation on file sizes.
- You can customize it with wallpapers.
- Has an in-built video player to play videos and it supports all of the video formats.
- Can be used to share messages between connected devices.
- Has an in-built music player that can stream music online and can also play offline music.
- You can use it to download GIFs and stickers.
How to Download and Install SHAREit on PC?
SHAREit is supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. You can install it like you install any other program.
- Download SHAREit for PC by clicking on this link.
- You will be able to find the .exe file in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click on it to run the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Create an account and start sharing files.
Simple, isn’t it?
Since SHAREit can be used to transfer files between different platforms, the methods involved can be a little different depending on the platform. But do not worry, we will cover them in this section.
Before you get started, make sure that you have SHAREit installed on both your PC and Android device. you can download SHAREit from the Google Playe Store.
- Run SHAREit on your PC and Android.
- Click on Send from the Android device.
- Select the files on the sender device.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Receive on the PC.
- Select the avatar of the receiver device on the sender device’s screen.
- The files will be shared.
- You can simply drag and drop files on the SHAREit window on your PC to send files from PC to Android.
- Make sure that both your iOS device and PC are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Launch SHAREit on both your PC and iOS device.
- Tap on the 3 dots in the top-left corner and select Connect PC/MAC.
- Tap Scan to Connect on your iPhone.
- Select the files that you want to send.
- Click the Show QR Code on the PC.
- Scan the QR Code icon on the iOS device.
- The files will be sent as soon as the connection is established.
- You can simply drag and drop files on the SHAREit window on your PC to send files from PC to iPhone.
This method can be used to share files between two PCs or a PC and a Mac. Usually, people use an external storage device to transfer files but SHAREit will let you do it if you do not have a USB drive.
- Make sure that both of the PCs are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Launch SHAREit on both PCs.
- Click on the options button (3 lines) on one PC.
- Select Connect to PC.
- Choose the avatar of the other device.
- Accept the connection on the other PC.
- Drag and drop files on the SHAREit Window to transfer files.
SHAREit Alternative for Windows
If SHAREit is not your cup of tea, then you can always try SnapDrop. SnapDrop is similar to SHAREit but you don’t need an app for this to work.
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Visit https://snapdrop.net/.
- Select the receiver on the screen.
- Select the file that you want to send.
And that’s all there is to it. This way of sharing files will work on all platforms.
That’s all there is to know about SHAREit for PC. We hope that you found this article helpful. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section down below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.