Now, we all are aware of how Snapchat works. Snapchat is one of the most used social applications, it is used for clicking selfies with Snapchat lenses. But there is one drawback to this app, one can’t screenshot a particular story or snap of any other person. If you do so, then that person is notified immediately. Now, if you are here on our site then, you are probably looking for ways of how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing.
5 Ways To Take Screenshot On Snapchat
In this article, we are going to provide you with several ways through which you can screenshot on Snapchat and nobody will get to know. You can secretly screenshot anybody’s snaps, stories without them knowing. Let’s look at these ways:
1. Turn On Airplane Mode On
Now, this is the most used step, but you have to be extra careful while using this method, because if you will not follow all the steps then, you might get caught. However, if you will follow the steps in the right manner then, you will not get caught. So, here are the steps of how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing:
- First of all, open the Snapchat app on your mobile and then, let all your snaps completely load. Don’t open any snaps right now.
- Now, slide down your notification panel and click on the airplane mode icon. You have to ensure that you have no Internet access on your phone.
- Now, after turning the Airplane mode on, go back to the Snapchat app, and take the screenshot of a Snapchat snap, or chat or whatever you desire.
- And then, this is the most important step, make sure that you follow this step if you don’t want to get caught. Go to Snapchat settings and then click on the “Clear Cache” option and then, tap on “Clear All”.
- Also, don’t forget to clear the Snapchat app from the background as well and then wait for a while. Now, turn off the Airplane mode and go look at the screenshot that you took in your phone’s Gallery. That is it, the other person will never know that you took a screenshot of their snap.
In case if you have any doubts regarding this method, then before trying on anyone else, you can try it on yourself or your friend’s account.
2. Use A Screen Recorder
Now, another way to take a screenshot on Snapchat is by using the screen recording feature. And you don’t need any additional application for doing this, it is an in-built feature in both Android and iOS devices. So, let’s have a look at the steps:
- First of all, open your Snapchat app.
- Now, drag down your notification bar from the top of the screen, and there you will see an icon for Screen Recording. Click on it, it will start recording.
- Now, open that Particular Snapchat story or nap, that you wanted to screenshot, and simply view the story or snap. And after seeing, stop the recording and save it. That is it!
- You can head to your device’s gallery and there you will have your recording.
3. Take A Screenshot From The background
This is another easy method through which you can screenshot the Snapchat or story or snaps without anyone knowing. It’s a very simple process, and I can assure you that they will not be notified. Here’s how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing:
- First of all, clear all the background apps from running and then, open your Snapchat.
- Now, open the Snapchat story or snap, or chat and then, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Doing so will bring up the recent App screen, there you have to ensure that you can see the complete Snapchat frame (concern the below-given image).
- Now, at this moment, take a screenshot and trust me, another person will never get to know, neither will they get a notification.
Note: make sure that you have not applied app-lock on Snapchat before trying this method. Because if you have applied an app lock then, you will not be able to see anything in the background.
4. Use QuickTime
This method is another effective method to use but one needs an iPhone and Mac for using this method. Here’s the process, you can follow the given steps:
- First of all, you will have to connect your iPhone with your Mac.
- You have to open the QuickTime player app on your Mac.
- Then, go to the File tab and under it, choose the “New Movie Recording” option.
- It will take a while to load, point the mouse to the recording button.
- Now click on that small arrow, it will open up several other options.
- From there, you have to choose your iPhone as the “Movie Recording Input”.
- That is it, once you’re connected completely; the Mac screen will start displaying your mobile’s screen. Click on the “Record” button
- Now, go to the Snapchat app on your device and open Snapchat story or chats, etc.
5. Use Another Phone
This is the last method that you can use and it is 100% effective. The smartest way to save chats, snaps, or Snapchat stories without screenshotting is to take pictures from another phone.
You can use any other phone of your family member or friend, and then imply open those snaps in your phone and capture the screen by another phone’s camera.
I hope we have provided every possible method that you can use when you want to take a screenshot on Snapchat. We would aware of all those apps that assure you they can take a screenshot from Snapchat.
Don’t use such apps, above-mentioned ways are the only possible way to do so. I hope you liked reading this article and if you still face any issues then, let us know in the comments below.