FaceTime is a great app to keep in touch with friends and family who live across the globe. To cherish special moments while talking on FaceTime, we tend to record the call or take pictures while being on the call. Unfortunately, when you simply turn on the screen recording option, only the video gets recorded without the sound. In this article, we’ll tell you how to screen record FaceTime with audio.
Video chatting technology has really helped to fill in the gap when people move to different places for different reasons, be it work, education, travel, etc. Being able to look back on the moments spent together is something everybody does. Apple devices can help you make the experience better. Keep reading to find out how.
What is FaceTime?
FaceTime is an app developed by Apple, that users can use to video call other FaceTime users. The app is available on most Apple devices such as Mac and iPhone iOS. You’ll definitely have the app on your iPhone if you use a model after the iOS 4 or Mac OS X 10.66. Users need to log into the app with their Apple IDs and all their contacts will be synced in. This way you can talk to whomever you like with a simple tap on your screen.
How to Screen Record FaceTime Video?
Screen recording is super easy in any of the iPhone devices, thanks to the screen-recording feature in the control center. You can record anything on your phone with the help of a single tap on your device’s screen. The feature is here for a few years and the users could not be happier. Given below is the easiest way to screen record FaceTime videos.
- Swipe up on your iPhone to open the control center.
- Tap on the circle icon present in the control center.
- You will see that on the top the recording has started to take place.
- Now whenever you get a FaceTime call that you want to record, accept the call and follow the process from Step.
The steps mentioned above will work assuming you already have the screen recording option available in your control center. If it isn’t present then follow the steps given below to add it in.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Search for the control center option and open it.
- Now you need to enable the ‘Access within Apps’ option.
- Once you enable that option, you will be able to customize the icons that are present in the control center.
- To see the screen recording app on the control center, tap on the plus sign (+) you see across the app.
- Once you tap on the + the app will be added to the control center.
- Now the above set of instructions can be followed to screen record FaceTime video.
But you need to keep in mind that if you do this much, the video will be recorded, but the audio will be skipped out. So you’ll have the perfect video minus the sound of it. To make sure you get the audio also recorded you will have to do one extra step which is given in the next section.
How to Screen Record FaceTime with Audio?
So far you’ve gotten how to screen record FaceTime videos without the sound, now let’s move on to recording the sound. Here we go-
- When you open the control center to start the screen recording, you need to long-press the screen recording icon.
- When you long-press the icon you will be able to see new options, in which you will see the microphone icon.
- By default, the microphone will be switched off and in a grey color.
- Press on the microphone icon to turn it on, as a result, the color will change from grey to green.
- Now go back and press on the screen recording icon to start the recording of the FaceTime video with audio.
- Once you finish the call, press on the recording bar on the top of your screen to stop the recording. A pop-up will appear to confirm whether you really want to end the recording, say yes and your screen recorded video is ready.
Keep in mind that when you use the screen recording feature on your Apple devices, not only the FaceTime video will get recorded but also all notifications and message ringtones that take place during the recording. To prevent any interruptions, it is better to keep your phone silent and turn off other notifications while screen recording.
That’s a wrap on the ‘How to screen record FaceTime with audio’ article. We hope you found the article useful and never miss out on any fun moments in your FaceTime call. You’ll be able to go back to your gallery and look at the FaceTime video with perfect audio to bring back old memories. Have a good day!