It is irritating when your only source of entertainment stops working. Television has been the longest-running source of entertainment in everyone’s house. Samsung has been a very renowned TV producing company for years but what if suddenly your Samsung TV stops working without any sign of a disturbance before. If your Samsung TV won’t turn on, I will discuss all the solutions that might help you in fixing it, in this article
4 Methods To Fix Samsung TV Won’t Turn On Issue
Okay as soon as you face such a problem with your Samsung TV, the first thing that you should do is look for the standby light. It is a small light located on the lower right of your TV.
Basically, this standby light stays lit when the TV is off and unlit when the TV is turned on. So, here are solutions that can fix your Samsung TV won’t turn on problem depending on the standby light and the One Connect Box:
1. Standby Light Is On
Technically, this is considered to be a good sign if the standby light (the below image will show you where standby light is located) of your Samsung TV is turned on while your TV is off and plugged into an electric source. Now, in such a situation, the actual problem lies with the remote of the TV.
We would recommend that you try turning on your TV by pressing the Power button located on the TV. And if your TV turns on, you can conclude that the problem wasn’t with the TV, it was remote to be fixed. Try changing the batteries of your remote, maybe then it starts working, or else, you can also look up to Troubleshooting your remote control.
And if still the problem doesn’t get fixed with your remote then, we would highly recommend that you reach out to the Samsung experts, who can handle the situation more efficiently.
2. Standby Light Is Off
If the standby light of Samsung TV is off, it puts light to two conclusions: either your TV is not connected to power/electricity or the TV is turned on but not working. This could be an actual problem to be worried about. In such situations, the TV screen turns black and that indicates that there is something wrong with it. Follow a few steps that are given below if your Samsung TV won’t turn on properly:
- Try pressing the Menu button on your TV remote, and if the menu appears on your TV screen that will mean that your TV is on.
- If still, the TV doesn’t respond anything then, try pressing other keys on your remote except the Power button, if something appears on your TV then your TV is turned on.
- Now, if your TV is responding to something then, try unplugging your Samsung TV from the socket. And then, replug your TV after 30 seconds. If now the standby light appears then, your TV was fine.
If the problem continues to exist then we would recommend you contact the Samsung support.
3. Standby Light Is Flickering
This situation is the worst because now you can be sure that the TV has some serious issues. A flashing standby light means that the TV is unable to start. We would recommend you to remove the TV plug from the socket and leave it for like 30 seconds approx. and then, replug it and try to start the Samsung TV without the use of a remote.
If the light still keeps flickering then, it is highly recommended that you don’t do anything by yourself until you’re a TV expert. You can contact Samsung support and call the technicians to do the work their way.
4. TV Showing A Black Screen
If your Samsung TV is showing a black screen even when it’s turned on then, the problem could be because of the external devices connected to the TV. It could be your game console, DVD player, gaming stick, or any other device connected to the TV. We can recommend you with the solution to fix the TV screen as per the two cases: if you are using the One Connect box or you are not.
Using One Connect Box
Follow the given steps if you are using the One Connect box to your Samsung TV:
- First of all, try to disconnect the One Connect cable from the Samsung TV, and then after a while reconnect the cable (the below image shows the One Connect box).
- Turn on your Samsung TV and then, try pressing the Home button or Menu button from your TV remote.
- If the Menu appears on the black screen then, you have to ensure that your TV is set on the right source that you usually make use of. Like if your device is plugged into HDMI 1 port then, just click the source button (look at the below image) from your remote and go to HDMI 1.
- And if still the problem continues to exist and you are not able to see the menu on the screen then, try to remove and connect your external devices again. You can also try changing the wires connecting the external devices to ensure if they are of any problem.
- If there is still no change in the situation then, the only way out is through Samsung support.
Not Using One Connect Cable Or Box?
If you’re not using a One Connect cable, then simply check if your TV is set to the right source. Click on the Menu button from your remote and if the menu appears. We would suggest you to click on the Source button and then, head to HDMI 1 and select it. If the TV screen starts then, your TV is fixed (follow the 2 & 3 steps from the above heading).
If the problem continues to exist then, check for the HDMI cable connected to your TV. Because any damage to that cable can lead to such an issue. Otherwise, contact the technician to fix up the problem.
That is all, we hope that we have covered every solution that we thought will prove to help fix the issue. We are not completely sure that even after trying all the solutions that we have mentioned will fix your TV.
So, we would highly recommend that you contact some experts to fix the problem and don’t get involved too much by yourself. We hope you liked reading the article. Leave your comments and any queries down in the comments box, we will be glad to address them all!