Samsung is one of the biggest and most renowned multinational companies. The company sells products which range from TVs to home appliances and Microwaves, etc. Samsung Smart TVs come with a feature of Wi-Fi connectivity. They can easily connect to Wi-Fi and provide Internet access to the TV. You can stream other apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu that requires Internet.
But sometimes, the Samsung TV fails to deliver high connectivity, and there are several users who are unable to connect their TV to the Internet. In this article, we are going to provide you with a solution to Samsung TV won’t connect to the Wi-Fi issue.
How To Fix Samsung TV Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi issue?
Throughout the article, we are going to provide you with 6 solutions that might help you in fixing this issue, we would recommend you to use all the methods one-by-one until you find the right fix.
1. Restart Samsung TV
The first and the foremost thing to do with any electronic device when faced with issues is to restart the appliance. Sometimes, TVs go through certain bugs and thus, it performs in an unusual manner.
If you will turn off the TV from the remote then, the network gets unstable and it remains off for another 15-20 minutes. So, we would recommend you to follow the below-mentioned steps for restarting your Samsung TV:
- First of all, turn on your TV and let it run for at least 5-6 minutes.
- After that, turn the TV off directly by removing the TV plug from the socket. Don’t turn it off with the remote.
- And then, let the TV be off for another 15 minutes and then, restart it in the usual manner.
- If the TV will ask you to enter the WiFi password then, do so and check if the issue has been fixed.
2. Restart Your Wi-Fi
Now, there are high possibilities that there might be certain disturbances in your Wi-Fi connectivity. So, it is recommended that you restart your Wi-Fi router because the DNS setting on the router might be blocking the Television from accessing the Internet connection.
So, in the below-mentioned process we will be restarting the WiFi in such a manner that the settings get fixed:
- Turn off your Wi-Fi and then, wait for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Now, restart your Wi-Fi but don’t turn on your TV, yet. First, let the router get its connectivity and get a stable internet connection.
- Then, connect your TV with your Wi-Fi, enter the Wi-Fi password if asked, and then verify it the Samsung TV won’t connect to the Wi-Fi issue has been fixed.
3. Refreshing DNS settings
Now, many of the users who faced the same issue said that there was some problem in the DNS settings of the Samsung TV. And that those settings were preventing the TV from connecting to the Wi-Fi network. Therefore, you can follow the below steps if the above ones didn’t work for you:
- You have to press the “Menu” button from the TV remote as shown in the image below. And then click on the “Settings” option.
- Then, click on the “Network” and then, tap on the “Network Settings” option.
- Now, you have to click on the “Start” and choose the “IP Settings” option.
- Click on the DNS mode and then, you have to ensure that the green click is on the “Manual” mode. Then, press on “OK”.
- Then, you will have to enter a value i.e. “8888” and then click on “OK”.
- If there was any problem with the DNS settings, then you will get Internet access after performing the above steps.
4. Change Internet Connection
If the issue persists even after trying the above methods, then I would recommend you to switch to some other network connection. Suppose you were connected to Wi-Fi before, now try connecting your TV to your mobile hotspot. This way we can figure out the root cause of the Samsung TV won’t connect to the WiFi issue, follow the below steps:
- First of all, turn on your Mobile hotspot. Go to settings > Mobile Hotspot, and then, enable it.
- Now, turn on your Samsung TV, and then, head to its Wi-Fi settings.
- Now, several network connection names will appear on your TV, find the name of your mobile hotspot and connect with it, enter the password if any. Then, verify if the issue persists.
- Check for the connectivity and if your Samsung TV successfully connects with your hotspot and operated well then, there are chances that the TV’s Mac Address has been blocked by the Internet router. You will have to contact the ISP to unblock the Mac Address.
5. Update Firmware
Now, another method is to update the Firmware to the latest version of your TV. There are possibilities that if you don’t update your Firmware then, you might experience issues in Internet access. As we need the Internet for getting the latest version of Firmware, so we will have to do it on the computer, follow these steps:
- Head to the following link, and then, choose the Samsung TV model that you currently have.
- Then, tap on the “Download” button and wait for the download process to complete.
- Now, you will have to extract the downloaded file into an empty USB.
- Remove all the other extra symbols or numbers that your computer might have added to the file.
- Then, insert the USB into your TV and then, click on the “Menu” button present on your TV remote.
- Click on the “Support” option and then, the “Software Upgrade” option.
- Look for the “By USB” option and then, tap on it.
- And lastly, click on the “Ok” button when a prompt appears on your TV ensuring that a new update is will be installed on your TV. Wait for the process to complete and then, check if the issue gets fixed.
6. Reboot Samsung TV
Lastly, you can perform Reboot on your Samsung TV, this might fix all the unusual activities of your TV, follow the below steps to fix the Samsung TV won’t connect to Wifi issue:
- Press and hold the “power” button available on your TV remote.
- Don’t leave the button until you see the Samsung logo appearing on the display of your TV.
- Now, re-connect to your Wi-Fi and see, if the issue persists.
We tried our best in proving all the possible methods that can fix this issue on your Samsung TV. But if none of the above issues works for you, then, we would suggest you take help from the customer care services of Samsung.
There might be a technical issue which is above our knowledge so, it’s better to be left upon technicians who have excelled on these terms. If it’s a normal glitch then, the above solutions will definitely work! I hope you liked reading this article.