If you are confused about Roblox error code 279, then you’ve come to the right place, my friend! In this article, we will brief you on everything you need to know about this Roblox error code. From the reason of its existence to how you can move past it. Let’s dive right into how to fix Roblox error code 279!
What is Roblox Error 279?
For those who are new to Roblox and are facing the error code 279 for the first time, don’t worry. This error code is a very common one that pops up when the Roblox servers are unreachable. This simply means that when your game can’t be loaded properly, the website will throw this message at you “Connection attempt failed, Error Code 279”.
Roblox is an online platform for all types of gamers. People can create their own games or play the ones that are already existing on the platform. This virtual gaming platform allows thousands of gamers to connect simultaneously. Due to the huge userbase, it is not uncommon for the game servers to crash or lag.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 279?
This error code isn’t caused because of any major technical glitch. They occur due to simple server problems that can be easily and quickly fixed. Given below is the list of ways that you can solve the error code 279.
1. Default Browser Resetting
The first step to remedy the error code is to simply reset your Internet browser. Works like a charm for most users. It eliminates any further problems with a faulty browser for the game. Follow the steps below to reset your browser.
- We are going to use Google Chrome as the default browser, so open Chrome.
- Go to the options.
- You will find an option called ‘Advanced settings’, open that.
- Select ‘Reset.’
- Reopen Chrome and launch the Roblox game you want to play and see if the error still persists.
2. Disable Firewalls
If you are using a device that has the firewalls enabled, you need to disable them. In most cases, the firewalls do not allow the connection to take place between the game server and your device. To disable your firewall you need to follow the guidelines given below.
- Go to the ‘Start Menu’.
- Search for your Firewall or enter ‘Windows Defender Firewall’.
- You will see an option to turn it off.
- After disabling them, press ‘OK’.
3. Say No to Browser Extensions
Adblocker extensions do their jobs pretty well. However, this is not favorable for Roblox as they make money with the screentime of ads when players are using the website. That is why when there are adblockers or other such extensions present, the game does not load. This is why the Roblox error code 279 shows up. Disable the extensions while using the website.
- Go to your default browser.
- Open the Settings and then open the Add-ons option.
- Disable the extension before playing the game.
4. Game Reinstalling
Due to the huge userbase of Roblox, sometimes the games tend to crash. In these cases, it is advisable to delete and install the game from scratch. If you remember your account details, then your progress in the game will be safe. From Roblox, you can reinstall the game and start afresh without the code.
Why do I see Roblox Error 279 on the Screen?
Let’s take a look at the various reasons that incur the error code 279. These problems are quite easy to rectify and enjoy your game as always. The first thing that should come to your mind if you encounter this error is connectivity issues. Generally, the following are the barriers to your Roblox game.
- Poor Internet– For those who are on data-saving mode, or have a slow internet connection Roblox error code 279 will show up. The game requires a steady internet connection to load and run smoothly.
- Restricted Game Server– Occasionally, you might stumble across interesting games that aren’t as popular as the other mainstream Roblox games. These games might be accessible to only a limited number of servers. If you do not connect to the right server, then the Roblox error code 297 will pop up.
- Enabling Firewalls– If you are using a system that has Firewalls enabled, or if you have newly installed the Firewalls, then the Roblox game cannot run. The error code 279 will show due to the presence of the Firewall. You can disable the Firewall while playing and turn it on later.
- Lot of User-Traffic– If the game’s server is full and there are too many players in a game, then the error code 279 will be shown. Due to a lot of traffic on the site, the website will tend to slow down.
That’s all we have for you on how to quickly solve Roblox error code 279. We hope you were able to stop the error code from recurring and play your game in peace. If the above-mentioned tricks don’t work, then there must be a server lag. Try the same methods after an hour or so. It will fix it right away for you. Have gaming!