iMessage is an in-built instant messaging application of Apple available on almost all the iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc. Through iMessage, you and share more than just texts such as images, videos, audio messages, using WiFi or your mobile data for free. It is a very convenient and easy way of messaging on iOS devices. However, messages get deleted and lost all the time in iMessage. Therefore in this article, we will talk about how to recover deleted iMessage and will provide you with efficient ways for recovering your messages.
How To Recover Deleted iMessage?
In this article, we are going to provide three ways in which you can recover your deleted or lost iMessage, we hope they help you, so let’s begin with our very first method:
1. Find Deleted iMessages On Other iOS Devices
The first option is to look into the other Apple devices that you own such as Mac, iPad, etc. Since iMessage syncs on every other device where you use the same Apple ID or iCloud account. All you need to remember is to enable the auto-sync option on iMessage, if you have already enabled it before you lost your messages, we can assure you that you will be able to find your message.
Open iMessage on your Mac, or iPad, or any other secondary Apple device where you are using your same Apple ID and then, look for your messages. There are high chances that you might find what you are looking for. This is one way of how to recover deleted iMessage.
2. iCloud Or iTunes Backup
Now, the most efficient and the most reliable method is to use the in-built method of restoring deleted iMessages on iPhone/iPad. For this, you should have backups on iCloud or iTunes. If you have iCloud or iTunes backup then, you can use this method.
However, the downfall to this method is you will have to erase your data on the device and restore it with older data. And this is the biggest issue because you can lose your recent data which was held between now and the time when the backup was made.
Since this option is in-built and doesn’t require you to use any other application, people will choose it above anything else. However, it is both a time and risk-taking method, but here’s how to recover deleted iMessages using iCloud or iTunes method:
- First for resetting your device, go to Settings on your iOS device.
- And then, click on “General”, and then, choose the “Reset” option.
- Then, select the “Erase all content and settings” option.
- Now, the device will ask you to enter your passcode and will confirm from you if you want to reset your device. Simply, click on “Yes”.
- Finally, reboot your iPhone/iPad and follow all the instructions that are provided to you by the device to set it as a new phone.
- App and Data screen will appear in front of you, click on the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option if you want to restore the backup using iCloud. But if you prefer to restore the backup from iTunes, first plug your device into a computer and then, chose the “Restore from iTunes Backup” option.
- Since we chose to backup from iCloud, you will be asked to sign in to your iCloud account then, read the terms and conditions and agree to it.
- Now, you will have to choose a backup from all the provided backups.
- And that is it; your devices will be restored. If you made the backup before deleting your iMessages then gladly, your messages will be restored.
And if you chose to backup from iTunes then, follow these steps after step 6 from above:
- As mentioned earlier in Step 6 above, if you chose to use iTunes backup, then you will have to connect your iPhone/iPad with your computer. And then, enter the passcode when asked, or click on “trust this computer” on your device.
- Now, click on the device icon when you see it, and then, choose the “Restore Backup” option.
- And then, you will have to choose the backup that you want to restore and click on the “Restore” button.
- And that is it, once the process is completed and backup is restored, simply reboot your device, and then look for the deleted iMessages they will reappear.
3. Using Third-party Software
Now if you are aware there are many applications over the Internet that offer a guarantee for recovering your deleted or lost data from iPhone/iPad. You can also check them out, but we would recommend you to use renowned and trusted applications because many are free and don’t work.
They are a few renowned software available but they are a little on the expensive side. However, we will provide you with some names that you can consider.
But there is no surety that you will find the deleted iMessages through these applications. Some of the renowned and trusted applications to use are iExplorer, WonderShare Dr. Fone, Enigma Recover, iSkySoft data recovery, etc.
That is it, we have provided you with almost every possible method and the efficient ones that you can use for recovering your deleted data. Be aware of all the other sites that provide assurance of recovering 100% data, they are all fake promises. No method can assure to bring back all the deleted data, but you can always try. I hope you liked reading this article, if you still have any other query let us know in the comments below.