There are plenty of shows and movies out there that are great to watch to feel refreshed, inspired, or simply to take a break from the dull routine of life. Out of all the streaming platforms available, Netflix is the most popular and widely used platform. In this article, we’ll give you all the details about the Netflix Free Trial. So that you can unwind and relax while watching a fun and interesting movie or a show.
You’ve probably come across tons of advertisements and memes about ‘Netflix and Chill’. This streaming platform is used by many people all around the globe and we’re sure you will have a couple of people in your social circles who are loyal Netflix subscribers. Keep reading to find out more about Netflix Free Trial.
What is Netflix?
You’ve definitely heard about Netflix and even seen some of the shows and movies that are on the platform unless you live under a rock. Founded in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph, Netflix is an online streaming platform. You need to subscribe and choose a plan to be able to watch the content available here.
Apart from blockbuster movies and binge-worthy shows, Netflix also has its own range of content called ‘Originals’. The shows and movies that are Netflix Originals will not be available to watch on any other streaming service. So if you want to watch Stanger Things, Iron Fist, Start-up, and other Netflix originals, then getting a subscription or a friend’s account is your best bet to watch them.
Is there a Netflix Free Trial?
Everything comes at a price, and Netflix is no exception. To put it simply, there is no Netflix Free Trial. The famous ‘Free Trial of Netflix’ used to be a thing, back when Netflix was newly introduced in the country. It was introduced as a method to gain more users for the online streaming site. However, those days are long gone and so is the Netflix Free Trial.
On the other hand, there is an option to get a subscription-based account and then have it canceled anytime you want. The regular way to get Netflix is to select a plan and pay for it. Once you watch what you wanted to and have nothing else to watch or are simply too busy to spend some idle time watching something, you can cancel your account in a few simple steps.
There are no cancellation charges or fees, so you’re good to go. To cancel your account, all you need to do is follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Netflix website or app.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Once you open ‘Settings’ you will be able to see the ‘Cancel Membership’ option.
- Click on that and your account will be deactivated.
- If you happen to change your mind and activate your Netflix account, then you can use your old account until the duration that you paid for is over. You can come back to your old account exactly as you left it until ten months of inactivity. Once the paid duration is over of the subscription, you will have to create a new account for you to be able to watch Netflix again.
How to Get a Netflix Account?
Setting up or making a Netflix account is a very simple and quick process. You will only need a good WiFi connection, laptop or mobile, and your credit or debit card. Now follow the steps given below and you should be good to go. Make sure you have your card with you or else you’ll have to get up midway and search for your card.
- Open the Netflix website or app if you’re on your mobile.
- You will see a box to enter your Email ID in the middle of the screen.
- A page with different subscription plans will open, choose the plan that is best suited to you.
- Once you’re done selecting your plan, you will be taken to a page to make your password.
- Once you’re done entering the password, you will be taken to the method of payment.
- You can choose which method you would like to pay with and then enter the details of the card.
- Once you’re done with your payment details, your account will be created and you can now watch anything that you want to on Netflix.
Alternative Ways to Get Netflix
There is no Netflix Free Trial, but you can try and reduce the price of the account that you so badly want to get a hold of. One potential way to reduce the amount of a Netflix account is if you get an account with your friends. That way you won’t be paying the full amount all alone. You can split the charge and make two or three different profiles for all of you to use.
You’ve reached the end of the article. We hope that you were able to find the information that you were looking for and have gotten a clear understanding of it. Unfortunately, there is no standard Netflix Free Trial period, but it is what it is. Anyway looking on the bright side, you still can cancel your plan whenever you feel like it. So, that leaves you to go and make your Netflix account right away. Unless you know a friend who can lend you their account. Happy binge-watching!