Do you want to boost up your gaming experience in the game Fortnite? Every gamer’s true desire is to play a game that is well optimized and runs smoothly. However, Fortnite has been one of the most played games by several players and has been quite well optimized, but it can still take a few alterations to boost the whole performance. Through this article, we are going to answer the most asked question, i.e., how to increase FPS in Fortnite.
How to Increase FPS In Fortnite?
Let’s go over different steps one by one to figure out which one works best for you!
1. Optimizing PC Settings
First, if you’re looking for answers on how to increase FPS in Fortnite, you need to ensure that your PC is operating on the most recent Windows version and have the latest GPU drivers. If you are making use of the NVIDIA graphics processor, then follow the below-provided steps:
- Firstly, head to the NVIDIA control panel and locate the “Manage 3D settings” option.
- Now, click on the Program Settings tab.
- Here, try to look for Fortnite in the tab, and if you’re unable to look for it, then click on the Add button, where you will be able to locate Fortnite.
- Now, you have to change a few things, such as putting the Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1.
- And then, you have to adjust the Monitor Technology to G-SYNC.
- Put Multi-display option Single display performance mode.
- Adjust Power Management Mode to the Prefer maximum performance option.
- Adjust the Texture filtering Quality with Performance.
- Now, you have to turn down the Vertical Sync and turn the Threaded Optimization on.
- Adjust the Preferred Refresh Rate to the maximum/highest available level.
- After the application of all the above-mentioned changes, head to Adjust desktop size & position option.
- Lastly, you just have to check the box labeled Override the scaling mode set by games and programs and then simply, select “Apply.”
2. Disabling Windows Update Delivery Optimization
Now, you have to disable the Windows Update Delivery Optimization. Follow the steps:
- Head to the Windows Search bar, which is located right beside the Windows icon in the taskbar.
- Type “Windows Update settings” in the column and press enter to search.
- You will see an option of Advanced settings. Click on it.
- Now, click on the “Delivery Optimization” option.
- And then, you have to simply ensure that the Allow downloads from other PCs option is turned off (as shown in the image below). If it is turned on, then simply disable that option.
3. Disabling OneDrive
Now the next step on how to increase FPS on Fortnite includes disabling the OneDrive icon, which is present on the Windows Taskbar. It basically syncs all your files to your device, so you need to disable it. And to disable OneDrive, all you have to do is right-click on the OneDrive icon and then click on the “Exit” button.
4. Optimizing Game Settings
Here’s how you can optimize the game settings. Just keep following the steps one by one:
- First, open the Fortnite game and click on Battle Royale mode to switch.
- Now, you have to click on the three-line icon located in the top right corner of your screen and then simply click on an icon that looks like a gear.
- Adjust the Windows mode to full screen.
- Choose the “unlimited” option for the display Frame Rate Limit, or you can also go with 240FPS.
- Now, just make sure that the 3D resolution is set to be 100.0%.
- Adjust the View Distance setting to Epic. You can adjust this setting as per your preference. You can even lower it if you like because this setting doesn’t primarily affect the players.
- Turn the Shadows option off.
- Adjust the Anti-Aliasing to turn off.
- Now, you can adjust Textures to medium if you prefer it that way. Also, if you have a good FPS in Fortnite, then, you can increase this setting as well.
- Also, adjust Effects and Post Processing to low.
- Adjust Vsync to be off.
- Put Motion Blur off.
- Now, save all the above changes, and then you are free to Exit the settings.
5. Optimizing Discord
Optimizing Discord can also help you get more FPS in the game Fortnite. So, here’s how you can do this:
- First of all, open up your Discord and then go to the User settings page.
- Now, simply open the Appearance tab and disable the Hardware Acceleration option.
6. Optimizing Chrome
Optimizing Google Chrome can help you get FPS in Fortnite because doing so will prevent the background applications from consuming resources while you play Fortnite. Here’s how you can increase the FPS:
- Head to Google Chrome and then straight to the Settings page in Chrome.
- Now, look for the Advanced tab. Mostly, it’s at the bottom of the page.
- You have to ensure that the “Use Hardware Acceleration when available” is enabled. If it’s turned off, then make sure you turn it on.
- Now, you have to open Google Chrome again and then close it
7. Deleting Out Temporary Files
If you want to know how to increase FPS in Fortnite, then this is another method that can help you in achieving this:
- Go to the Windows Search bar, type “%localappdata%” in the search bar, and press enter.
- Now, you have to open the Temp folder.
- Now, you have to select all the present files, so simply press the keys CTRL + A. And simply, after selecting all the files, click on the DELETE button present on your keyboard, and you can just skip the files that it cannot delete.
- Make sure to clear off these files from the recycle bin as well.
And that is all people. We have covered all the possible ways to help you increase the FPS for the game Fortnite. We have successfully answered the most asked question of the game Fortnite. We hope this article helps you and that you liked reading it. Let us know about your queries, if any, in the comments box.