Apple is popular for developing many of its in-built apps, and thus, Windows users get easily lured by them. One of such apps is iMessage, it is a messaging app developed by Apple company for iOS devices. It can be used on iPad, Mac, or iPhone. But what if a Windows user would like to use iMessage? In this article, we are going to discuss all of this and tell you how to use iMessage on PC. So keep reading till the end!
What Is iMessage?
iMessage is Apple’s instant messaging service app that was developed by the company and is an in-built application in all the iOS devices, it sends messages over the Internet, using an Internet connection either in the form of a mobile data or WiFi. You can use them only if you have proper access to the Internet connection. If you want to send pictures or videos over iMessage, you should be well-aware that it can use a lot of data very quickly and it might also cost you over your data plan.
Is iMessage Available for Windows PC?
The answer is not a complete NO. iMessage is not available for Windows PC, as this app is specifically designed by Apple company for iOS devices. But, there are several methods through which one can access this app and use it on Windows.
So, to know more about these methods you will have to read the below heading. We have covered every possible and trustable way to get access to iMessage on PC.
Methods to Download And Use iMessage On Windows PC
I will be sharing with you several methods that you can use to download iMessage on PC. All the provided methods work very well and are compatible with Windows. Let’s learn more about them one by one:
1. Get iMessage For Windows Using Chrome Remote Desktop
Google Chrome Remote Desktop is a software that makes it easy for people to use a few apps on PC like iMessage. It is very similar to remote desktop software that lets its users share one screen remotely to another PC. For making this whole process work, all you need is to have a Windows PC and a MAC and if you have iMessage app on your MAC device already, then you can easily access iMessage on your Windows PC. Here’s how you can do so:
- Download Chrome Remote Desktop from its official site from here and use the Chrome browser to download it.
- Make sure to download it on both Windows and Mac desktop.
- Now, open the Chrome Remote Desktop on your PC and then launch this app on your Windows, just how it is shown in the image above.
- At the same time, download “Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer” on your Mac and install this program.
- Click on the “OK” option on the box that prompts on the screen, and then the file will be downloaded automatically.
- Launch the installer and just follow the prompts that appear on the screen to complete the installation.
- Now, open Chrome Remote Desktop on your Mac, and there will be a code consisting of 12-digits, simply copy that whole code.
- Open this app on your Windows PC and simply paste that code to get connected remotely with your Mac.
- Now, you are all done and can easily access iMessage on PC.
2. Using A Free Emulator – iPadian
We all know what an emulator is and how it functions, it is generally used to access many games/apps which are not available for Windows OS, it can be called to make a dummy for an app or game. There are hundreds of free Android and iOS emulators over the Internet. The iPadian is one of the widely used, popular, and trustable free emulators which allows its users to use any iOS app on Windows OS. Let’s now look at the steps to help you run iMessage on PC using iPadian emulator:
- First of all, you will have to download the iPadian emulator on your Windows PC, you can download it from here.
- Now look up for the “Download” button and click on it, this way you can download iPadian from the homepage.
- You will have to skip certain steps that will certainly offer you some “Search Manager”, and then after skipping two steps file named iPadian.exe will be downloaded in your PC.
- Now, go to the “Search box” in your PC and lookup for the iMessage app.
- You’ll see the iMessage app in the search results, now open the app, and all you have to do is follow a couple of instructions that appear on your screen to install the app on your PC.
- You’ll find the app installed in the “App Drawer” of iPadian. Open it and sign-in on it. That is all!
iMessage alternatives for Windows PC
Since it’s not authorized to access iMessage on Windows straightforward officially, you should better try free alternatives available out there which are very equivalent to the iMessage for PC. These apps are legally and readily available for Windows PC at free of cost, and they all work pretty amazingly and functions very similar to iMessage.
We have already explained different ways on how to download iMessage for Windows. Now, we’re going to tell you most popular, trustable alternatives of iMessage for PC:
Now, we conclude this article, we have covered every possible heading related to iMessage and how one can access this app on Windows. I hope you liked reading it and found this article useful. And if still you have any doubts or queries related to iMessage then, you can write to us in the comments box.