Hulu has been one of the oldest streaming services that we know of and I am sure most of you are not aware of that. But there are thousands of people who watch on Hulu as this platform offers its users some great streaming content such as movies, shows, etc. In case, you don’t know Hulu is a streaming platform similar to Netflix. But like any other streaming service provider, this application has many errors too. And these errors are hard to identify for normal people because they are unclear and far technical and thus, users don’t understand what might be causing these errors. In this article, we are going to talk about the most commonly appearing Hulu token error 5 and the causes for this error and also, solutions to fix it.
What is Hulu Token Error 5?
When Hulu suddenly stops working and displays an error message then, users get confused as they don’t understand what that error is and why is it appearing. Therefore, you need to know that most of the time Hulu errors like Hulu error code 5 are caused due to unstable internet connection, unsupported device, hardware issues, etc.
Hulu error code 5 is triggered when Hulu is facing difficulty in loading content or opening a specific title. The error is caused due to the falling few reasons:
- Unstable Internet connectivity
- Hardware issues
- Hulu server down or experiencing heavy traffic
- The device that you are currently using is incompatible
You must know completely about error code 5 and what type of messages appear once Hulu experience this error, have a look at them:
- “we ‘re having trouble loading this right now”
- “Please check your Internet connection and try again. Error code: -5: malformed data”
- “If this problem persists, try restarting your device.”
How To Fix Hulu Token Error 5?
Now that we have known the causes of this error, we must proceed in looking at the solutions that can help us fix the Hulu error 5. Also, we would like to address one more thing that Hulu errors 5 and 3 are very similar, they both are caused due to similar reasons as mentioned above, and therefore, you can use this article for fixing that issue too. Now, let us quickly get started with the solutions to fix Hulu Token error 5:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Now, the first and the most important reason to cause error code 5 is the unstable internet connection. Therefore, our first solution for you is to ensure that your Internet connection is stable and operating perfectly. We would suggest you give your router a restart because often restarting modems and any other device clear all the temporary configurations and help the device run smoothly.
So, you must unplug your WiFi router’s main cable and wait for at least 1 minute before re-plugging it. And then reconnect your device with the Internet and check if the Hulu api.token error 5 still exists.
2. Updating Hulu App
Most of the issues and errors are caused when a certain application is not updated and when the users are running an older version of the application, therefore, you need to ensure that Hulu is updated, and here’s how you can update it:
- The first step is to open the Microsoft Store application on your device.
- Then, you will notice a three-dot sign located at the top-right corner, click on it and then, select the “Downloads and Updates” button.
- You will see a list of apps, find Hulu from the list and then, click on the “Get Updates” button.
- That is it, now wait until your app is updated and install the latest version of the software.
Now, restart your Hulu app and verify if the Hulu error code 5 has been fixed.
3. Clear Cache
There are chances that you haven’t cleared cache data of the Hulu app in a while and the cache data is corrupted so, this can be causing the Hulu token error 5. As you must be aware that cache data on the device helps the apps to run faster and smoother. So, here’s how you can clear cache from your device:
- First of all, open the Settings on your device.
- Now, click on the “Apps and Notifications” options, and in a few devices, it is labeled as just “Apps”.
- Look for the Hulu app among all the other apps from the list and click on it.
- Then, you will see the “Clear Cache” option, click on it to clear the cache data from the app. That’s it, now reopen Hulu and see if the issue persists.
4. Reinstall Hulu
Now, the last resort is to uninstall the Hulu app as we all know uninstalling & reinstallation the process for the application helps to fix all the minor glitches that the users must have been experiencing. It’s the best way to fix any application or software, so we would recommend that you uninstall the Hulu app from your device and then, reinstall it to see if the issue has been fixed.
At last, we would just like to say that appearance of Hulu errors like Error code 5 is pretty common and many users encounter this issue, therefore, you don’t have to panic much. We are sure that once you will use the solutions that we have provided above, it will help you fix the error. And if there are any other queries then, you can let us know in the comments below. I hope you liked reading this article!