Have you secured your iPad with a passcode? Well, it’s the most secure way to keep your iPad data intact and untampered. But most of the times users either forget the passwords, or they enter too many wrong passwords and the iPad ends disabled. In such cases that happen often, the question remains how to unlock an iPad without a password? In this article, we are going to answer just that by providing several ways using which you can unlock your iPad if it has been disabled or if you forgot the right passcode.
How To Unlock iPad Without Password?
When you don’t remember what your password was or if you entered too many wrong passwords and have disabled your iPad then, you can follow the below-provided methods. One of these methods will help you in unlocking your iPad. The most basic and the easiest one is to use iTunes and if nothing works, you can just factory reset your iPad/iPhone to bring all the settings to default. So, let’s keep reading!
1. Restoring iPad Using iTunes And Previous Backup
Well, the first method to try if you have linked your iPad with a computer previously is to use iTunes to restore the device. This will erase all the data from the device including the password and you will be able to re-enter in your iPad without the passcode. However, this process will only work if you have previously synced your iPad with your computer and have a past backup stored in it.
- Connect your iPad with your computer just how you normally sync them together using a USB cable. And then open iTunes on your laptop.
- Mostly, iTunes automatically sync with the device but in case, if it doesn’t then, you are supposed to click on the ‘Back Up Now’ button.
- And once the backup and sync are completed, click on the ‘Restore Now’ option, this option is available within iTunes.
- And then, iOS Assistant will pop up asking you to set up your device, you are supposed to select the ‘Restore from iTunes Backup’ option.
- That is it, select your device in iTunes and then, select the recent backup of your device.
- You just need to wait for a while after everything until the restore is completed. And after that, you will have all your pictures, emails, and settings in place and your device will no longer be disabled. You will be able to enter your iPad without having to unlock it with a password.
2. Using Recovery Mode In iPad
Well, if you never synced your computer with your iPad then, the only option left to unlock the permanently disabled iPad is by restoring the device using Recovery mode. However, if you use this process, all your data will be erased and gone if you don’t have an iCloud backup already.
You will lose everything including photos, videos, emails, messages, etc. If you luckily have an iCloud backup then, you will be able to select it during the setup process after your device has been restored. Here’s how to unlock the iPad without a password using Recovery mode:
- First of all, you need to switch off your iPad, you can do so by holding the power button for a few seconds until a slider appears on the screen. Drag the red slider to shut down the device.
- Press and hold the Home and the power button together and then, you need to connect the USB cable to your computer which has iTunes and connect the other end of the cable into the iPad. The device should turn on after doing so.
- You need to hold onto the home button until the Connect to iTunes screen appears in front of you.
- iTunes on your computer will give you a message saying that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click Ok and then, restore the device.
- You just need to follow the instruction in Setup Assistant and proceed to ‘Set up your device’.
- Just in case you backed up your data using iCloud, tap Restore from a backup and then, sign up using your iCloud ID.
- You will be provided with a list of backups in iCloud, choose the most recent one. That is it!
3. Using Find My iPhone
We can also use the Find iPhone application to restore the settings to factory settings and you will be able to unlock your iPad without using a password, and here’s how:
- First of all, login into your iCloud account using your credentials in the Find My iPhone website or you can use the same app on another iOS device if you have any.
- If you are using a website, you are supposed to click on the ‘All devices’ option.
- Choose your iPad device in that app. And then, you are supposed to choose the ‘Erase iPad’ option.
Also Read: 16 Free iTunes Alternatives for Windows 2021
I hope you liked reading this article and found it useful. We hope that after reading this article, you will have a clear view of how to unlock an iPad without a password. We have provided you with three different methods for the same. But if you still have any queries, you can let us know in the comments below. We would love to clear all your doubts.