If you’re aware of Incognito mode then you must know that this mode prevents Chrome from saving any browsing activity such as recent websites that you visited or pages where you signed up, etc. But it is highly recommended to disable the Incognito mode on your Chrome or any other browsing extension because children can end up in age-inappropriate content pages. So, if you wish to disable Incognito mode on chrome then, you can read this article.
How To Disable Incognito Mode in Chrome on Windows?
So, firstly we will talk about how you can disable incognito mode on Chrome on PC. It is a very easy method that makes use of registry addition. You can follow the below-mentioned briefly explained steps on your Windows PC:
- First of all, click on the Start button of Windows, which is located at the bottom left corner, and then type “CMD” in the search box.
- Then, you will see “Command Prompt” in the search result, right-click on it. And then tap on the “Run as administrator” option.
- Then, the Command Prompt window will open up in front of you, type the following in the CMD: REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome /v IncognitoModeAvailability /t REG_DWORD /d 1, then click on the “Enter” button.
How To Disable Incognito Mode In Chrome on Mac?
Since chrome is available on Mac as well, so if you wish to turn off incognito mode on your Mac, then you can do so. But the process of disabling the mode is a little different from that on Windows, so follow the below-mentioned steps:
- In the Finder, located at the above of the Mac screen, click on the “Go” tab.
- And then, click on the “Utilities” option from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click on the Terminal app which is available on the utility window.
- And enter the following, you can simply copy from the below and paste it there on the app: defaults write com.google.chrome IncognitoModeAvailability -integer 1z
- Press the Enter button.
How To Disable The Private Mode in Firefox on PC?
Other extensions such as Firefox and internet explorer, don’t use the term incognito mode instead, it is the private mode. Therefore, you can turn off this private mode in Firefox very simply using the following steps. It is not such a difficult method, however, very different from the above-mentioned methods of Chrome:
- First of all, start Firefox on your PC.
- Then, click on the three-line symbol located at the top right side of the browser window, which will open certain other options.
- Choose the “Add-ons” option from the menu.
- Firefox Add-ons page will open up, type “Private Begone” in the search box located at the top of the page.
- Then, select the Private Begone from the search list, and then, click on the “add to Firefox” button. This will disable private browsing in Firefox.
- You may receive a pop up displaying Add Private Begone then, simply click on Add.
- And finally, click on the “Okay, Got it” option to end the process. That is it, close Firefox and restart it.
How To Disable Private Mode in Microsoft Edge?
The Private mode in Microsoft edge is known by the term “InPrivate Browsing” and thus, to disable InPrivate browsing you will have to follow the below steps, it is not such a complicated method:
- Click on the Start button of the Windows which is located at the lowermost side of the screen, and then, type “REGEDIT” in the search box.
- From the search results that appear, click on the Registry Editor to open it.
- There might be a pop-up asking if you’d like the program to make changes to your computer so, simply confirm by clicking the “Yes” option.
- You have to find the following “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft”, in the left pane.
- Then, right-click on the Microsoft, and from the option, tap on the “New” option and then, tap on “key”.
- You will have to name the key so type “MicrosoftEdge” as the name.
- Then, again right-click on the recently named key i.e. MicrosftEdge and then, choose
- New > Key.
- Now, similarly, name this key as “Main”.
- Right-click on the newly made key i.e. “Main” and choose New > DWORD (32 bit) Value.
- Name this key as “AllowinPrivate”, then double-click on the same key to ensure that the value is set to 0. And if the value is anything other than 0 then, change it back.
- Select the “Ok” option and close the Registry Editor.
- That is it, you can now reboot your computer and then InPrivate Browsing will be disabled.
In this article, we have provided you all the information regarding how you can disable the Incognito mode on chrome or in Private Browsing on Microsoft Edge or Private browsing mode on Firefox. I hope through this article, we have made it very clear how you can turn this mode off. So, follow all the steps above for your respective browser. I hope you liked reading this article and if you still have any queries then, please let us know in the comments below.