Fortnite is a widely played game by millions of people from all over the world. All of the games offered by Fortnite are free of cost. After installing, you can enjoy unlimited access to both of the Fortnite modes. But the only section in Fortnite where the players have to pay is selecting the characters as per your choice.
If you’re reading this article, then I am pretty sure that you are curious to know how to change character in Fortnite? You’ll find all your answers in this article.
What is Fortnite?
Fortnite is one of the PC games which is readily available on Windows and Mac OS. This game has 2 different gaming modes: Battle Royale, and Save The World.
Fortnite: Save The World mode: This version plays out in a post-apocalyptic world. The theme of the game depicts that almost whole of the Earth’s population has vanished, and zombie-like creatures are free to walk the earth and capture the planet.
You can also play solo along with other specialized members of your team, and can even play as a part of a 3-man team, including other Fortnite users to defeat your mutual enemies. Basically, Fortnite: Save The World’s mission for its player is to survive and kill as many of the zombies as you can, and most importantly save the other survivors in the game.
You require critical thinking skills while playing Fortnite in Save The World mode. You have to make a whole surviving plan and at the same time coordinate with your other team members.
Fortnite: Battle Royale mode: On the other hand this mode is a highly competitive PvP game that puts up to 100 players against each other on a small island. Each one of them has to scavenge for food, look for loot and materials and also try to survive all the way in the game.
You have to look for hidden weapons in the game and other things as well like ammunition, medication, etc. which if used properly can be your aid to your survival. You can also accumulate different resources on your way such as stairs, tent which could possibly be used for building refuge.
As the game goes on to its other levels, players will have to go through storms and tsunami which will continue to destruct more and more territory and it will also decrease the player’s field. And as a result, this will led all the players to come closer and start a battle until only one survives from them. In this game mode, you can travel solo or in a group of 4 team members.
How To Change Characters In Fortnite?
Let us now know about how to change characters in Fortnite, in both the modes. It is a very simple process just follow the steps one-by-one:
Save The World
There are numerous different characters in Fortnite and the interesting aspect is that each character has their own traits, a unique story that makes them all distinct from each other. When it comes to Fortnite: Save The World, players can be so many things such as soldiers, or construction workers, outlanders, and many more. But by default, you’ll be a soldier-class hero if you haven’t unlocked any other heroes.
Let’s have a look at how we can unlock other heroes in this mode:
- You will first have to go through the tutorials offered by the game, and it is compulsory for every player. In these tutorials, you’ll learn how to fight, and how to survive, and also, how to protect yourself from enemies.
- After you’ve finished watching the tutorials, you can go and then, collect loot llamas. You can smash it to open and if you get lucky enough, you can end up unlocking a new hero.
- You can either find loot llamas which are pretty easy or you can purchase them or earn as a reward after completing certain tasks in the game.
- Once you’ve unlocked any hero of Fortnite, you can proceed and open the Hero Tab. And then you can also display other new heroes there.
You don’t have to do anything else now, you have enabled the Fortnite change character option successfully in Save The World mode.
After Battle Royale was launched in 2007, there were no features that enabled the users to change characters in Fortnite or change their costume, instead, a character would be generated randomly. But with time, the game developed and integrated a whole new system that gave the users the ability to purchase new characters, costumes, etc..
Now you can either purchase new skins for your characters or you can acquire a battle pass for a season which will automatically give you access to select any skin that is available in the Fortnite store. Perhaps if you have bought new skins or are considering to buy them then, you can equip them to enable the Fortnite change character option. Here’s how to change character in Fortnite:
- First of all head to the tab “Locker” in your home base.
- Now, open the slots for outfits option, and then select your preferred skin.
- On the screen that appears next will have skins that you have recently acquired along with your old acquired ones.
- Select your desired skin which you would like to have and that is it, you are all set! But remember a male skin can only be used on a male character and not on the female character.
- This process will only work when you have unlocked the skins already.
That is it, the process is very simple. Once you’ve purchased a skin, it will mean you have changes the character. Thus, you have managed to enable the change character option in Fortnite: Battle Royale mode.
And this is how we come to the end of this article. This is the only answer to how to change characters in Fortnite. The procedure is pretty simple in both the modes, Battle Royale and Save The World. We hope you like this article and may it come to use for you. if you have any queries, do let us know in the comments below.