YouTube TV is a great way to relax after a stressful week. You can watch anything ranging from TV shows, Live content, and even the good old YouTube channels of your favorite YouTubers. After getting all this, if you still don’t feel like YouTube TV is good for you then you can cancel it anytime. In this article, we will tell you exactly how to cancel YouTube TV in easy-to-understand steps.
Here we have two methods for canceling YouTube TV membership, one can be used with a desktop or laptop and the other method focuses on canceling the subscription on your phone. Both methods have the same purpose and your YouTube TV account will be gone in seconds. Keep reading to find out how to cancel it.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a perfect option for those who are looking for traditional TV with a greater technological edge to it. This platform has got all the popular TV channels on it with an addition of live TV, and regular YouTube channels as well. If you happen to be busy doing work or fixing yourself a snack, you can trust YouTube TV to record the show for you.
The account works on a subscription basis, which means you need to pay a certain amount based on the plan you pick for yourself. There are three plans as of now, the most popular plan costs $65 as it has all the channels and content no bar.
Regardless of what device you own, you can most probably watch YouTube TV on that because the platform is compatible with a lot of devices. Another perk of using YouTube TV is that you can have the same account running on three devices at the same time.
That is not all, since YouTube has the recommendations feature on its website, the same is present in this version as well. So that means if you don’t know what to watch, YouTube TV will help you find your next binge-watching content.
How to Cancel YouTube TV?
For those looking for ways to cancel YouTube TV, you’ve come to the right section. Here we will give you all the details on how to cancel YouTube TV in simple and easy steps. It’s a fairly simple process without any complex steps so just follow the guidelines below and it’ll be a breeze. Let’s get started!
1. Cancelling YouTube TV on Desktop
If you have your desktop or laptop in front of you at the moment, then you can proceed to cancel your account with the help of these steps.
- Go to the YouTube TV website.
- Now log in to your account by entering your username and password.
- Once you log in, click on your profile icon on the top-right of the page.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option from the drop-down menu.
- In ‘Settings’ you will find a ‘Membership’ option, click on that.
- When the ‘Membership’ option opens, you will find the ‘Deactivate membership’ on the top itself. Click on ‘Deactivate membership’ and click on ‘Cancel membership’.
- There will be a few pop-up boxes asking you to confirm the cancellation of your account, click on cancel and you will be done.
- Now your YouTube account is canceled.
2. Cancelling YouTube TV on Mobile
If you’re on your phone right now and don’t have access to your laptop or PC then you can cancel the account from your phone as well. In this case, also the steps are very simple and you will cancel your account in no time.
- Open the YouTube TV app on your phone.
- If you don’t have the app you can download it from the PlayStore or the AppStore.
- Log in to your account by entering your username and password.
- Now tap on your profile picture on the top-right corner of the mobile screen.
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- In the ‘Settings’ you will find the ‘Membership’ option. Tap on it.
- Select the ‘Pause or cancel membership’ option.
- Over here you will find the cancel membership option.
- Tap on cancel. There will be a few confirming messages asking you whether you’re sure you want to cancel your account.
- Once you tap on cancel in all the confirming messages, your account will be canceled.
You’ve made it to the end of this article on ‘how to cancel YouTube TV’! By this time we’re sure you know how to cancel your membership and have already canceled your account. If yours is a paid membership, then you can always go back and activate your account before the subscription period gets over. On the other hand, if you were using a free trial account, then there’s no going back once you cancel it. We hope you’ve made your decision properly and don’t regret it. Have a good day!