When Apple launched AirPods, it created hype worldwide. People went crazy and everyone wanted to get their hands on it. A lot of competitor brands launched earbuds of their own. However, a lot of users had questions about AirPods and their functioning. One of the most asked questions was how Far can AirPods Away from the Phone. And in this article, we are going to briefly answer that.
How Far Can AirPods Be Away From Phone?
Let’s consider you thought of purchasing AirPods as you have to roam around the office a lot and attend calls at the same time, so having AirPods will make it a lot easier. You will not have to carry your phone everywhere and you can just keep talking using AirPods. And therefore, you must wonder how far can you keep your AirPods away from your phone.
So, as per the information provided by the company, the distance between the AirPods and the device can vary between 30 to 60 feet which roughly approximates 10 to 18 meters. Therefore, you can be away from your phone as far as 18 meters and you will not have to worry about losing the connection between the two. If you would like you can experiment as well.
1. Optimal Range Or Maximum Range
Now there’s a difference between optimal range and maximum range, and we think you must know about both of them. If you want to get the best out of your AirPods, we would highly advise you to use them within the range which is also known as the Optimal range.
The maximum range is 60 feet, beyond which you will not be able to listen or talk, the connection will be disrupted if you went any far than 60 feet. And the given range is pretty decent and impressive so, you must not have any issue hearing within the range. Also, you must remember that the range in AirPods and AirPods pro varies.
How To Connect AirPods With Your Device?
Well other than listening to music with AirPods and calling, you can do multiple other things with it. You can also use it to talk to Siri on your mobile or Google Voice assistant if you use them with Android devices. Here’s how you can connect your AirPods to your iPhone:
- First of all, place your AirPods in the case in which they came. And simply place the case right beside the device that you want to connect it with.
- Now, unlock your iPhone and you will see an animation displayed over your screen, with the AirPods name on it. Click on the ‘Connect’ option and the pairing will start on its own.
- You will receive a couple of on-screen instructions, so simply follow them and that is it, AirPods will connect to your device.
1. Connecting AirPods With Mac
Follow the steps given below to connect your AirPods with your Mac seamlessly:
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on your Mac from the settings.
- Open the AirPods lid and keep them near the Mac but inside the casing.
- There is a small button at the back of AirPods, you need to press and hold it for 5-7 seconds until you see a white light flashing. This will indicate that your Mac has recognized AirPods.
- Look for all the devices near the Mac under Bluetooth, and select AirPods and click on the “Connect” option. This will initiate the pairing process.
2. Connecting AirPods with Android Device
Follow the below-given steps to connect your Airpods with an Android device:
- First of all, enable the Bluetooth option in your Android mobile phone.
- Then, keep your AirPods case open and near your android device. Then, press and hold the set-up button at the back of the AirPods case until a white light flashes.
- Then, look for your AirPods name in the list of devices nearby in your Android phone. Click on your AirPods and that is it they will be paired.
Pros & Cons Of AirPods
Let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of AirPods, this will help you decide on purchasing them:
- They are very user-friendly.
- They easily connect to both Android and iOS devices.
- You can use them for approximately 5-6 hours continuously, they have a very decent battery backup.
- They charge rapidly, a 10-15 minutes charge can provide you with 2-3 hours of listening or calling.
- You can easily track them via ‘Find My Phone’.
- In case they fall out of the ear, the audio/video pauses automatically which is so convenient.
- They are sweat and water-resistant
- Users get to experience high sound quality due to the Apple H1 chip
- They are pocket-friendly.
- They are very small in size and therefore, have greater chances of getting lost
- They come expensive
Also Read; How to Find Lost Galaxy Buds Case?
Well, after reading this article I’m pretty sure you must be clear on ‘how far can AirPods be away from Phone’. We have provided you with a range that will help you know the estimated distance to where you can carry the AirPods away from the phone.
If you still have any queries, you can let us know in the comments below. I hope that the list of pros and cons in the article above will help you discover the features of your Airpods. We hope you liked reading this article and found it helpful!