We live in such complicated cities that each one of us experiences the need for maps every day. And thus, Google Maps is one of the widely used apps in today’s era when it comes to finding a location and routes. This app has proven to be so helpful and convenient in our day to day life. But sometimes Google Maps doesn’t operate efficiently, so what would one do if Google Maps stop working while searching for a location. This article is all about fixing Google Maps not working issue, we are going to provide you with several quick fixes that can solve this problem.
How to Fix Google Maps Not Working Issue?
At times, Google maps give us hard time finding the right location, it buffers and stops working suddenly. Now, there can be various reasons for Google maps not working such as poor mobile data access or WiFi connection or use of the old version of Google maps, etc. Through this article, we are going to cover solutions for every such problem.
1. Clear Cache And App Data
This is our first solution for fixing Google maps working ability. At times, the problem can be caused due to a few corrupted cache files that certain apps attract The given solution will lead you to clean cache and clear app data for Google maps. Follow the given steps on your Android mobile phone:
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- Click on the “Application Manager or Apps” option.
- Now, select “All Apps” and then look for Google Maps in those apps and tap it.
- The application details of the selected app will open up in front of you. Now, click on Storage under those details.
- Now, select the “Clear Cache” option.
- And after the above step Clear Data as well
Now, try to launch your Google Maps apps. It will certainly work this time and the problem will get fixed.
2. Update Google Maps
If even after clearing catch from the application doesn’t solve the problem then, you should try updating your Google Maps app. At times, using the older version of an application reduces its efficiency and working capability. Updating the app might fix the Google Maps not working problem, here’s how you can update the app:
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android mobile phone.
- Click on the three-line icon to drag out the menu.
- Now, from the menu, click on the “My apps & games” option.
- Look for Google Maps in the given list of your apps. And then, simply tap on the “Update” button right beside the app.
This solution will update Google Maps to its newest available version. Now, open your app and see if the problem gets fixed.
3. Check For Your Internet Connectivity
Every application generally requires a good Internet connection to operate perfectly without any issues. And Google Maps require good working Internet connectivity as well to operate nicely otherwise, it might cause several issues in loading the right location. So you need to ensure about this while using the app. Here’s how you can fix your Internet speed:
1st way: Try connecting to a nearby WiFi because at times, using Google Maps on mobile data causes several problems in loading and operating efficiently. So, try to connect on a WiFi for high speed and this will certainly solve the problem in seconds. Or else, if you can’t find a WiFi nearby, you can also make use of a Wifi Hotspot. Using Mobile Hotspot is way better than using Mobile data when it comes to such applications.
2nd way: Try switching Airplane mode on and off once if you’re using mobile data. Switching over Airplane mode will fix network issues if there will be any and then, your mobile data will certainly run smoother.
4. Turn On Location Settings
So, location settings play a huge role when it comes to the use of Google Maps. This app requires location services to fetch the right route for you. And sometimes, it is possible that you are using Google Maps without the Location services and thus, you should know that you have to allow permission to location services to enable automatically while you are using Google maps. Here’s how you can ensure this to fix the Google Maps not working problem:
- Head to Settings in your Android device.
- Now, look for Apps and click on it.
- Select the “App permissions” option available under the Permissions.
- And now, click on Location under the App Permission screen.
- Then, simply to have to make sure that the location services for Google Maps are enabled i.e. it is turned on.
That is it! This way you will never have to check if location services for the app are working or not. The given solution might fix the issue. You can also turn on the Location services from the Notification Panel as well (as shown in the image below):
5. Turn On High Accuracy Mode
Here’s how you can enable the High accuracy mode in your Android mobile phone, just follow the given steps:
- Go to Settings on your mobile.
- Look for “Locations” in the given set of settings, and then click on it to open the Location Services.
- Now, firstly ensure that you have enabled the use of Location Services and then, you will see an option of “High Accuracy” just below it.
- Make sure that you turn High Accuracy mode on.
6. Restart Your Android Device
The last resort for fixing the Google Maps not working issue is to restart your device. This solution is generally the fix to every problem. It brings back the network issue and other certain settings to their place. All you have to do is press and hold on to your power button for a few seconds and then click on the “Restart/Reboot” or “Power Off” button. This will restart your device, now you can relaunch Google Maps and check if the problem is resolved.
That is all, we hope that we have covered every solution that we can to solve the Google Maps not working issue. I am sure these solutions will fix your problem. All the fixes work efficiently if performed in the right manner. We hope you liked reading the article. Leave your comments and any queries down in the comments box, we will be glad to address them all!