Minecraft is probably one of the most creative games out there. It’s a sandbox, build-anything-you-want kind of game with a survival element added to it. You start off with basically nothing, then you chop wood, cut stone, smelt ores to build efficient tools, and eventually build yourself an empire made of whatever you want. The game does have a final boss to beat, but in reality the game only ends with your imagination. The only thing that’s really that’s stopping every person from trying this game out is the price point. The game costs about $27 USD. It is pricey, but if you’re not able to purchase Minecraft at this moment, we will share how to get Minecraft for free in a legal way.
Even 10 years after its alpha release Minecraft has over 112 million active players every month. You can pretty much build whatever you want, from boats to houses and even working machines using Redstone (Minecraft’s electrical conductor). You can explore caves, fight off zombies, climb the highest mountains, dive into the deepest oceans, visit the Nether (the Hell of Minecraft) and find your way to the ‘The End” world, where you will face The Dragon. It is a shame that a free version of the game is not available, but we will guide you on how you can get Minecraft for free in this article. Let us begin!
How NOT To Get Minecraft For Free?
These are ways you shouldn’t use and completely avoid when trying to get Minecraft for free.
1. Pirating The Game
If you wondered how to get Minecraft for free, there are quite a number of ways to get it on your computer. The most common method people use is by pirating the game. However we do not recommend you do this as it can have severe consequences. Firstly you’ll be getting the cracked version of the game and not the official game. There are some key differences between purchasing and downloading from the official site and pirating a cracked copy.
- The cracked version of the game will not receive constant updates from the official developers.
- Highly unlikely to be caught, but you will be risking the payment of hefty fines (in some cases, imprisonment) when pirating cracked games.
- The cracked version of the game does not allow you to play on Minecraft’s official multiplayer servers. There are cracked servers but they are nowhere as popular or moderated as well as official servers.
- Moreover, it’s just simply unethical. Why wouldn’t you want to support the game developers who spent years scripting and programming the original game?
2. Using Minecraft Account Generators
Now pirating the game will actually get you a working copy even though it’s not ethical. But in the case of using Minecraft Code Generators, it will absolutely not work.
You’ll simply be wasting your time fooling around these fake websites. These Minecraft account generator websites claim that they can create working codes for you by using jargon and words like “complex algorithms”. Moreover, these websites will have fake comments posted below saying things like “Thanks! This generator got me a free working Minecraft account.” or “LOL wow, this actually works!”.
Don’t be fooled by account generators for Minecraft or any Minecraft code generators online. They don’t work.
How To Get Minecraft For Free?
The method we’ll be using to get Minecraft for free is by using reward sites. Most reward sites work by allowing you to complete surveys, click websites, watch videos, go through quizzes, and watch advertisements. As you perform these tasks you’ll earn some points. The points you’ve gathered can be used to redeem a Minecraft Gift Card code from the reward site. You can then enter this code on to the official Minecraft website to essentially obtain Minecraft for free.
1. Minecraft For Free Using PayPrizes
PayPrizes is one of the few Reward sites that allow you to obtain an official Minecraft Pre-Paid Gift Card. Hence, we’ll be using PayPrizes in this example to get Minecraft for free. You can use any reward site you choose. For example, you can also use Swagbucks to obtain a prepaid Paypal Card and use that to purchase your Minecraft account. Without further ado, let’s get started.
- Visit PayPrizes and create your account. Enter your email into the box, and click ‘Get Started’.
- Now enter your details, and verify your account. Once completed you will be able to access your dashboard.
- Before you begin to claim rewards such as Minecraft Gift codes, you’ll need to earn points by completing any of the offers under the ‘Earn Points’ option.
- There are tons of offers to choose from. After you’ve earned sufficient points, you can now redeem gift cards such as Minecraft pre-paid cards. Do this by clicking the ‘Claim Prizes’ tab and searching for Minecraft. Scroll down till you see the Minecraft image.
- The minimum pre-paid Minecraft card you can obtain is $50 USD and requires 5000 points to claim. When you’ve earned enough points, claim your Minecraft Gift Card.
- The digital Minecraft Gift Card you obtained should have a code that can be used to redeem the game on Minecraft’s official website. Hence, visit Minecraft’s redeem page and click on ‘REDEEM JAVA EDITION’ button.
- If you don’t have a Minecraft account you’ll be asked to create one before you proceed.
- Once that is done you’ll be asked to enter your Minecraft Gift Card code you just claimed from PayPrizes.
- Once, the code is successfully accepted, you can begin your Minecraft journey.
20 Free Minecraft Premium Accounts
Below is a list of Minecraft Premium accounts for just our readers. Grab them before they are gone.
The method we’ve described above is a free and legitimate way to obtain Minecraft and is completely legal. However, it is time-consuming as obtaining 5000 points on PayPrizes is not an easy task and will probably take you several days if not weeks. Nevertheless, you’re doing the right thing by avoiding cracked games and game code generators.
We hope you’re able to get Minecraft working the right way. The game is definitely worth it and will keep you engaged for hours, days, months, and even years. If you have any doubts related to our article, please let us know in the comments below.