Battle Royale games are all the rage now and Free Fire is one of the most popular ones out there. This shooter offers smooth gameplay on Android and iOS, but an experienced gamer will know that controls are always better on a PC. Is there a way to get Free Fire for PC? This article will help you know all about it.
Today, we are going to discuss whether installing this game on the PC is possible or not. We are also going to talk about the advantages of playing on a PC and the methods to install it. With that out of the way, let’s get started.
Is Free Fire For PC Available?
As far as we know, Garena Free Fire is not available for the PC and the developers have no plans on making it in the future either. But that does not mean that you cannot play the Android version of the game on your PC.
Android emulators for the PC have been around for a while now. You can emulate an Android device on your computer and this will let you install Android apps on it. You can also play games like Free Fire and Mini Militia (Read: How to Download Mini Militia for PC?) as if you are running it on Android hardware.
We are going to help you get Free Fire for PC with the Bluestacks emulator. This is probably the fastest emulator available today and the best part is that you can use it for free. You can also use other emulators like NOX Player.
How to Download Free Fire on PC?
Before you install Bluestacks to play Free Fire, your PC has to meet a few requirements:
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 and above.
- Processor: Intel or AMD Processor.
- RAM: Your PC must have at least 4GB of RAM.
- HDD: 5GB Free Disk Space.
- You must have the Administrator rights of your PC
- All of your drivers must be up to date.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10
- Processor: Intel or AMD Multi-Core Processor with Single Thread PassMark score > 1000.
- Graphics: Intel/Nvidia/ATI, Onboard or Discrete controller with PassMark score >= 750.
- RAM: 8GB or higher
- HDD: SSD (or Fusion/Hybrid Drives)
- Internet: The game needs fast Internet for a good multiplayer experience.
- Up to date graphics drivers from Microsoft or the chipset vendor.
With the requirements out of the way, we can start with the installation:
- Visit the Bluestacks Website on your PC.
- Tap Download Bluestacks.
- Click Download Bluestacks one more time.
- Run the Bluestacks Installer.
- Click the Customize Installation option to choose the path where you store the Bluestacks data if you do not prefer the default path.
- Click Install Now after you are done. Bluestacks will start the download and this may take a while depending on your Internet speed.
- Launch Bluestacks.
- Sign in to your Google account. It’s like setting up an Android device for the first time.
- Open the Google Play Store from the Home tab.
- Click on the Search box and Search for Free Fire.
- Click the Install button next to Free Fire.
- Select the Home tab and double-click on Free Fire.
- This will open up the game. Give the game the permissions it requires.
- Click on the bulb icon to see the mapped keyboard controls. You can also customize them to your liking by clicking Edit.
Why You Should Download Free Fire For Windows?
We have been telling you that you should download Free Fire for Windows PC and it will offer a lot of advantages. But what are these advantages? Why game on a PC when you have a perfectly capable smartphone?
There are two kinds of advantages you get while gaming on PC. You get the advantages that come with playing a shooter with a mouse and keyboard and you can also get some Bluestacks enhancements.
You play Free Fire on an Android and iOS with touch controls. While touch controls are great, they do not offer the accuracy of a mouse and keyboard and this is extremely important in a Battle Royale. Smartphone screens can also get cramped and you won’t face that problem with a PC. Running it on a PC can also improve performance if you have an old smartphone. This is because PC hardware is generally more powerful than a smartphone’s.
Bluestacks also offers added features that you simply cannot replicate on a smartphone. There’s a shooting mode that makes everything more accurate and a high FPS mode that makes the gameplay extremely smooth. High FPS is a must-have for competitive multiplayer games. You can also run scripts that can automate your frequent tasks.
However, if you have an extremely old and low-end PC that is not all that powerful, then you are not going to have a fun time with an emulator. You would be better off with a new mid-range smartphone.
That’s all there is to know about free fire for PC. I hope that this article answered all of your questions and you are able to enjoy Free Fire on your computer. If you have any more questions or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section down below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.