You might come across the [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] error rarely but it does look pretty intimidating for new users. Microsoft users find this problem very annoying as it does not let the user do what they need to do. It might even be time-consuming to get it fixed if you don’t follow the correct procedure. In this article, we’ll tell you easy ways to fix the Microsoft error.
Users can relax and sit back while we tell you easy ways to get rid of the error and go back to work as soon as they can. We have a total of 5 quick fixes that can put you out of your misery as soon as possible. Keep reading to find out how.
- 1 What is [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] Error Code?
- 2 Why Does the [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] Error Occur?
- 3 How to Fix [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] Error Code?
- 4 Conclusion
What is [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] Error Code?
Outlook users come across the [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] error because this error is specifically related to the user’s Microsoft Outlook account. In a gist, the error means that your Outlook account or application is not functioning like it’s supposed to.
Why Does the [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] Error Occur?
Now that we know that the Outlook account is faulty, let’s go through some of the reasons why the error occurred. Going through the causes will help you to prevent the error from occurring in the future.9
- Signing in to your Outlook account through multiple devices simultaneously.
- Using an outdated version of Outlook on your device.
- Having a lot of cached data in the Outlook application.
- Having a reversing pattern on your PC.
How to Fix [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] Error Code?
Now that we know about the potential root causes of the Microsoft error, let’s move on to the fixes. The ways listed below are super easy to do and can be done even by people who are not very familiar with computers or laptops.
1. Close All Background Apps
If there are a lot of background apps running, then the computer will slow down. If there is not enough space on the memory for the Outlook app to run then the [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] error might flash across your screen. It is always a good idea to clear all the background apps once you are done using them. Follow the instructions below to clear background apps.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Select the Privacy option.
- Once the window opens, click on Background apps.
- You will be able to see an option that lets you choose which apps can operate in the back.
- Close the unimportant ones.
- Now launch Outlook again and check for the Microsoft error.
If the error is still present try out the other methods listed below.
2. Clear Cache Data
Clearing out all the cached data from the app can help you run the program better. Unnecessary data will only slow down the computer and result in Microsoft errors. Here are the steps to clean the cache data.
- Close the Outlook app before doing anything else.
- Click on ‘Windows key+R’.
- Once the Run dialog box opens, enter ‘%localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook’ and click on Enter.
- Double-click the ‘RoamCache’ folder, here you will find all the cashed data.
- Select all the files while pressing the shift button simultaneously.
- Now delete these files by either pressing the delete key or right-clicking and then selecting the delete option.
3. Use Microsoft Auto-Repair Tool
When you use the Microsoft OS, you will get an auto-repair tool that will help you fix most of the troubles. The troubleshooting feature in Microsoft is very convenient and easy to use, even for computer amateurs. To access the auto-repair tool follow the steps given below-
- Open Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Search for the MS Outlook app in the search bar.
- Click on troubleshooting and run it.
- The troubleshooter will search for problems and report back if there are any present.
4. Reinstall Microsoft Outlook
Deleting the account and reinstalling it is a great way to remove any faulty issue with the app and get rid of the [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] error. In addition to that, when you install the app again, you will be installing the better version with all the latest updates and bug fixes.
- Delete the app from your device.
- Go to Playstore or AppStore to download the latest version of the app.
- Now launch the reinstalled version of Outlook.
5. Contact Microsoft Support
If none of the above methods help in fixing the Microsoft error, then you might want to reach out to Microsoft’s customer care. Here’s Microsoft support’s number-1800 102 1100 if you want to reach them as soon as possible. You can also visit their website for support.
Feel free to mail them or ask for any other queries regarding Microsoft apps and OS. Microsoft support is usually quick with their diagnosis and help, so you don’t have much to worry about.
That’s a wrap on the [pii_email_1606b61a08e6a2cf4db9] error. We are sure by now you’re error is fixed or you at least have Microsoft support working away on the issue. Make sure that you do not shut down your laptop abruptly without closing all the windows first. Have a good day!