Fortnite is one of the most reputed and played games in the world, it is an online gaming site, where millions of people play from all over the world. It has got so popular that it achieved several prizes for being the best game on the Internet. However, the game still goes through several technical issues that involve crashing of the game midway, which makes the player’s experience a little off. Therefore, in this article, we are going to tell you about a few solutions that might help you fix the Fortnite keeps crashing issue.
How To Fix Fortnite Keeps Crashing Problem?
In this article, we will be providing you with several methods that will help you in fixing the Fortnite game. Follow these ways and see if they help you in solving the issue, try each of them until you find the right solution.
1. Check For Updates
The first thing that you should do as soon as Fortnite crashes, is to check for the updates. Because if your game is not fully updated then, there are possibilities that the game will crash. Therefore, we would recommend you to check for updates in both Fortnite and Windows, here’s how you can do so:
- You will have to right-click on the windows start button, which is located at the left lowermost side, and then click on the Settings option.
- Now, here you have to select the option “Update and Security” as shown in the image below.
- A new screen will open up in front of you, visit AMD or Nvidia website, and then look for Graphic driver updates.
- And lastly, check Fortnite for any updates in the game.
2. Re-installing The Epic Games Launcher
If the above method does not work, then, we would recommend you to uninstall Epic Game Launcher, and then re-install it following the below-mentioned steps. You will also have to install Fortnite again on your PC:
- First of all, find the Epic Game Launcher icon and right-click on it. A list of options will appear.
- Tap on the “Run as administrator” from those options.
- Run the launcher and then, close it down back.
- Now, you have to head to the Control Panel, you can directly search “Control Panel” in the search bar on Windows.
- Now, go to the “Program and Features” and then, tap on the “Uninstall Program” option.
- You will see a lot of programs listed under this option, look for Epic Game Launcher and then, click on it and then, click on the “Uninstall” option.
- That is it, the moment it is successfully uninstalled, restart your PC and then, reinstall Epic Game Launcher from here.
We can somehow assure you that once you have re-installed Fortnite and Epic Game Launcher, the Fortnite keeps crashing issue will get fixed. It is the ultimate solution to fix technical issues that are associated with Fortnite.
3. Change Registry Settings
Some of the users have recommended that changing registry settings have helped them in fixing the Fortnite crashing issue, here are the steps that you can follow:
- You just have to press the key combination on Windows i.e. Windows + R key, this will open up the Run dialog box in front of your screen.
- Type “Regedit” in the box provided and then, click on the OK button. This will launch the Registry Editor on your PC.
- You will have to first create a backup of registry keys, for doing so, you will have to click on File and then, choose the “Export” option.
- Now you will have to select a certain location where you would like to save the backup.
- In the Registry Editor, you will have to navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- In the right pane, you will have to right-click on the space and select New > QWORD (64-bit) Value. And then simply name the new value as TdrLevel. Now, lastly, double-click on TdrLevel and then set the value data to 0. Close the Registry Editor.
4. Disable Overclocking
It is assumed that overclocking the speed of CPU brings out a better performance of games on PC, but another fun fact about overclocking is, it leads to increased power consumption, and increased system temperature as well. Thus, disabling overclocking might be helpful in preventing Fortnite from crashing, here’s how you can do so:
- First of all, you will have to restart your PC.
- Press the F2 key on your keyboard while Windows is restarting, this will open the BIOS.
- Then, head to the Advanced tab.
- Now, head to the “Performance” option and then to Overclocking.
- And then, all you have to do is disable the “Max CPUID Value Limit” option.
- After saving the changes, close the BIOS and restart your PC as usual, and then, run Fortnite.
5. Making Changes In Graphics Settings
Some of the computers which are old versions or low-end find it difficult in running Fortnite on higher graphics. Thus, we would recommend you to bring the graphics and video settings to low, this might help you in fixing the crashing issue on Fortnite. Try running the game at the lowest graphics, and check if the game continues to run smoothly. Start from the lowest and then, move to above levels of graphics, and stop where the game doesn’t crash.
I hope that the above-mentioned solution might help you in solving the Fortnite keeps crashing issue. They are the only and the most effective ways that can help you out in fixing Fortnite. We would highly recommend you to try all the methods until you find the right one. Don’t stop after trying 1-2 methods, we hope this article has been helpful for you.