AirPods were one of the best designs of Apple when it came to their music accessories. They are loved by so many people from all over the world. Their built-in quality, sound quality, and connectivity are all amazing features of these AirPods. However, they are designed to connect to your device’s Bluetooth seamlessly but still many times people face difficulty when they don’t connect. But you don’t have to worry as we are going to share several ways in which you can fix the AirPods not connecting issue. So, let us quickly get into the article and find out what these methods are.
How to Fix AirPods Not Connecting Problem?
Here’s what you can do, first I will introduce to all the basic methods, you should ensure if such thing happens. And then, we will dive deeper into more complex ways of solving this issue. I hope it is now clear so, let us have a look at these solutions one-by-one:
1. Basic Check-Up
So first of all, if you experience that your AirPods are not connecting then, you need to make sure that your AirPods are well charged. Because if they are not charged properly then, they might cause disturbances in connection.
Secondly, verify that the Bluetooth for the device that you are trying to connect with AirPods is turned ON. Because several times, we forget to turn on Bluetooth while connecting to such accessories.
2. Update Your Device
This method is very necessary, many people don’t pay attention to this step. If you’re connecting your AirPods for the first time with your iPhone, or iPad, or Mac, then, make sure that they are running on an updated version of iOS, to match the system requirements of the AirPods.
Like, if you are using the first generation AirPods, then it’s necessary that you’re running iOS 10 or later on your iOS devices. And similarly, if you are using the second-generation AirPods, then you need to be running iOS 12.2 on your devices. Here’s how you can check for updates on your iOS device:
- First of all, head to Setting on your iPhone or iPad and open it.
- Then, open the “General” option in settings and then, click on the “Software Update” option.
- The Software Update page will open up on your screen, you will be able to see the iOS version that is currently running on your iOS device. And if there are any further updates, then make sure you update it to the latest version.
3. Forget And Re-pair
Now, the next step is to re-pair your AirPods with your device. There are chances that due to some technical internal issue, your device must be facing difficulty in connecting to the AirPods.
So, it is recommended that you re-pair them with your device. Here is how you can do so for fixing the AirPods not connecting issue:
- First of all, open Settings on your iPhone/iPad. And then, click on the “Bluetooth” option.
- You will see your AirPods with all the other saved Bluetooth connections. You just have to click on your AirPods name or click on the “i” icon and click on the “Forget this device” option.
- Now, place back your AirPods in the case and close the lid, wait for at least 30 seconds. Now, open back the lid and hold the physical button for a few seconds until it flashes a white light. Your AirPods will appear with all the other Bluetooth connections, pair them with your device. And then, check if they connect.
What To Do If You Can’t Connect To Mac?
Now, we have talked about what steps to take when you are unable to connect your AirPods with your iPad/iPhone. So, here we will talk about the same for Mac. Before, we begin you should know that your Mac should be operating on an updated version to match the system requirements of AirPods.
If you are using the first generation AirPods, then your Mac must be running on macOS Sierra or later. And if, they are second-generation AirPods then, ensure that Mac has macOS 10.14.4 or later.
Now, first of all, choose the Apple menu > System preferences > Bluetooth. And if your AirPods won’t connect then, remove them from the list in the following manner:
- Choose your AirPods’ name from the list.
- You have to click on the (X) icon which will be present on the right of your AirPods name. This way you will remove it from the list.
- Now, you will have to add the AirPods back to the Bluetooth preferences list. So, firstly, place your AirPods back in the charging case and close the lid.
- Then, open the lid placing the case near your Mac.
- You will see your AirPods in the list, connect to it. Now, verify if your AirPods have been successfully connected.
In this article, we have provided you with all the possible ways that one can try when your AirPods don’t connect to your device. You can also try rebooting your iPhone/iPad once, and after rebooting connect to your AirPods. These are the only and the most effective ways to troubleshoots AirPods. I hope we have made it very much clear. And if you still have any queries then, you can let us know in the comments below.