WiFi passwords are probably one of the most forgotten things in the world. Android lets you find your saved passwords, which usually require root access. However, we are going to tell you how to find a WiFi password on Android without root access.
In this article, we are going to go over a couple of methods that you can use to get your saved password and what makes these methods possible. we are also going to include a method to find the saved password if you have a rooted device.
How To Find WiFi Password On Android Without Root?
Android stores the saved passwords at data > misc > WiFi. However, this cannot be found without root. Fortunately, the router also stores the password, and you can get the WiFi password from the admin panel. Since you are taking the
You can also get the saved passwords by decoding the WiFi share QR code. Android officially introduced the WiFi share feature with Android 9 which is also available on some Android skins. It lets you share the WiFi password by letting others scan the QR code.
We will take advantage of the features mentioned in the above section. Note that since Android comes in a variety of flavors, the steps may not be the same on your phone as it is on mine, but they will be similar. You need to be connected to the WiFi network for this to work.
1. Decoding the QR Code
This feature is only available on Android 9, Android 10, and other skins like MIUI and EMUI.
- Open up Settings.
- Tap Network and Internet.
- Tap on the WiFi name.
- Hit the Settings cog next to the WiFi name.
- Next, tap Share.
- You may be asked to verify yourself.
- You might be able to see the WiFi password under the QR code. If you don’t, then follow the steps below.
- Take a screenshot of the QR code.
- Visit the ZXing QR Code decoder.
- Click the Choose file option and select the screenshot.
- Hit submit, and you will be able to see the password.
2. Getting the Password From the Admin Panel
There are 3 ways to access the admin panel.
- Go to Settings> Connections> WiFi > WiFi Settings> Manage Router. (Only available on some Android devices)
- Use the default gateway address of your router. (Only applicable if you know the default IP address)
- Use the Router Setup Page app and choose your router model. (Will work on every Android device)
After you open the router gateway, enter the admin name and password. This can be found behind your router.
Under wireless settings, you should be able to find the password for your WiFi. Simply note it down and exit the gateway. Note that the admin panel will look different from the example because there are a lot of different routers.
How To Find WiFi Password on Android With Root?
You can easily find saved WiFi passwords with root access. There are a ton of apps on the Play Store that can help you do this. WiFi Password Viewer is one such example. But if you want to do it manually, then you can use a terminal emulator to do so.
- Download Terminal Emulator for Android.
- Open the app and enter su.
- The app will ask for root permissions.
- Copy and paste cat /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf.
- You will be able to view the WiFi name and its password.
Now you know how to find a WiFi password on Android without root access. It’s a fairly easy process, and we are sure anyone can do it. These methods are for passwords that are already saved on your device and cannot be used to hack into unknown WiFi. We recommend that you stay away from the apps that claim this. We hope that this article was helpful. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please let me know in the comments section down below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.