Facebook is the world’s most popular and powerful social media platform. It has 2 billion monthly users. Facebook provides so many advanced features to its users such as searching someone’s profile utilizing photos and photo IDs. If you don’t know the users’ names or want to find people without searching for names then you can do so with the help of the Facebook image search feature.
If you have the picture of someone and now you want to know all the information about them like their name, birthdate, their education, and other information they have made public then read the full article below. In this article, I have explained every single detail you need to know about Facebook image search including a Facebook reverse image search feature.
How to Use Facebook Image Search?
Yes, you’ve heard it right, you can find people or Facebook profiles through details of a photo. But only if the profile you want should be publicly visible. People often lock their profile due to some privacy concerns. Here are some ways through which you can do picture searches on Facebook.
1. Image ID
If you have taken an image from Facebook but don’t know the person, then this method will work best for you. To search profile on Facebook using photo ID you have to go through the steps shown below.
- First, see the file name of the image. If it is taken from Facebook then it should have FB mentioned in the file name.
- This filename will be included by three different sets of numbers separated by any periods. You have to note down the middle set of numbers. But be sure you haven’t contained any decimal number. Just observe it through the image provided below.
- The middle set of the numbers represents the Facebook profile ID.
- Now open your choice of browser and head to the URL; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=********
- In the place of ******* enter the profile id you have noted down earlier.
- Press the Enter button and you are all set. After this, you may be able to see the profile of the user.
The process we have just discussed above will work but you need to keep these things in mind- if the photo is not taken from Facebook then it will not work and you will not be able to identify the identity of the image. Second thing is that it all depends upon the privacy settings of the user.
Facebook Reverse Image Search Method
Facebook reverse image search is another effective method to identify Facebook users using an image. This method will enable you to see all the images available on the internet that matches your searched image. All you have to do is upload the image to the search engine and all the relevant images will be displayed there.
As you know that plenty of search engines available around the globe such as Google, Yahoo, Bing. However, in this post, I will explain Facebook’s reverse image search method using the Google search engine.
- Open your browser and navigate to the https://images.google.com/.
- Along with the search bar, you will see a camera icon, click on that icon and upload the image.
- This will lead you to a new page where you will see the relevant results matching up with your uploaded picture.
To get more specific results, we suggest you change the search keyword to site: facebook.com. By doing so, the search engine will display results from Facebook.com.
Alternatives Ways for Facebook Reverse Image Search
If the above process doesn’t let you find someone by picture, then there are some other popular tools you can use to perform a reverse image search. For instance, you can upload an image to TinEye and find out where it is used online. We’ve listed Google here, but most modern search engines have the ability to reverse image search.
We hope you have gone through the complete article and have got educated about Facebook reverse image search methods. We often get stuck when we have a picture of a person without any details. In such situations, the above discussed will prove helpful to you.
Lastly, let us know what’s your take on the Facebook image search methods, we have discussed so far? If you have a question do comment us.