Since the dark theme/mode has been introduced into digital devices, and applications, everyone has been looking for dark mode in Chrome. Because chrome is one of the most used browsing extension and people use it all the time. So, in this article, we are going to know more about Chrome dark mode and how to enable it. Keep reading till the end to catch up with all the information.
What is Chrome Dark Mode?
Chrome’s dark mode is a built-in feature that provides a dark grayish theme to the websites and WebPages. It makes it easier for those people who spend a lot of time browsing on chrome because the blue-light actually affects our eyesight.
Also, using a dark theme on devices such as mobile phones and laptops saves a lot of battery. The blue light of devices affects the sleeping cycle of human beings and can cause insomnia or hypertension. Therefore, dark mode is a more preferred choice of many people nowadays.
And who doesn’t love a versatile look on their devices which is provided by the dark mode? And if you want to enable dark mode on Chrome in your android devices, or iOS devices, or PC, then keeping reading.
Enabling Chrome Dark Mode on Any Device
Now, let us know how one can enable this dark theme on their Chrome Extension in Windows, Mac OS, Android mobile phones, iOS devices. The process is pretty simple and because this feature is now an in-built feature, so the process gets even simpler. Here’s how you can enable the dark mode in chrome on various devices:
1. For Windows 10
First, let us start with Windows 10 and how we can enable this dark mode feature on laptops and PCs operating on Windows 10, make sure this process will not work for versions below Windows 10. So, here are the steps:
- First of all, you have to open Settings on Windows 10, and there you will see a number of tabs listed in the left column.
- Now, you have to click on the “Personalization” tab.
- And then, you have to tap on the “Colors” option, and scroll down to the switch which will be labeled as “Choose your default app mode”.
- Here, you will see 2 options Light and Dark, you have to click on the “Dark” option.
2. For Mac OS
Now, let us know how you can enable the dark mode on Mac OS, the process is very simple. And it is very similar to Windows. Follow the steps as provided:
- First of all, you need to ensure that you are running macOS Mojave or later. Then, click on the Apple icon that is located on the top left corner of your screen.
- Then, you have to click on the “System Preferences” option.
- Now, click on the “General” option and tap on “Appearance”.
- Just along with Appearance, you will see 3 options Light, Dark, and Auto. You have to choose the Dark option, and this will convert your Blue theme to dark black and grey theme. However, you can also, chose the “Auto” option, if you want to activate the dark mode at night only.
3. For iPhone/iPad
Let us now look into the process where we can change the theme to a dark theme. However, you should be aware that iPhone devices don’t have a way to access dark mode on Chrome. But, there’s an alternative method to achieve a similar effect on iPhone/iPad. So, here’s how you can do this:
- Open Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
- Then, click on the “Accessibility” option.
- Now, you will have to choose the “Display and Text size” option from the list of other options.
- Then, you will see the “Classic invert” or “Smart Invert” option mentioned under the “Vision” option. There will be a toggle against those options, you can enable whichever you like as per your preference. We will recommend you to enable the Smart Invert option as this option will reverse the color of the display except for images, videos, etc.
- And that is it, as soon as you will switch on that option, the theme will be applied to all the applications including Google Chrome.
4. For Android Devices
This is the easiest way of enabling Chrome dark mode from all of the above methods. In Android, Chrome has a built-in setting for enabling the dark mode in Chrome, and here is how you can do this:
- First of all, open Chrome on your Android mobile phone.
- Then, you will see a three-dot icon located at the top right side of the mobile screen.
- Click on it, and a drop-down menu will appear, you have to choose the “Theme” option.
- Then, you will see three options; you have to choose the “dark” option. That is it, you have successfully enabled the Dark mode on chrome for Android devices.
I hope we have provided all the relevant information regarding the Chrome dark mode and how to enable it. You can use these methods, and we assure you that these ways are going to help you in setting the dark theme for your browsing extension. I hope you liked reading the article and that it was helpful. If you still have any queries then, you can let us know in the comments below.