Don’t want to get distracted anymore from games that the Steam provides? Well, we know how hard it is for a player to delete their account just because they want to focus on their studies or work. But after all, it is your decision to do so we are here to guide you on how one can delete Steam account when you want. It is not a difficult process, we will be guiding you with each step. But first, we will be providing you with an introduction to what Steam software is and for what purpose do we need a Steam account.
What is A Steam Account?
Steam is a platform for games, where players can play games and communicate with other players and see what games are they playing. Steam is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Through this site, you can play in cooperation with other players as well. You can sign up for the Steam account as it is completely free of cost.
How To Delete Your Steam Account?
Now, a question arises how can one delete Steam account, if they don’t need it anymore. Look the first thing is that do not think of deleting your account if you will need it in the future. Because deleting your account will permanently remove the ID along with your personal information, you will no longer have access to your account. If you are sure that you want to delete your Steam account, then follow the given steps:
- First of all, head to your browser and search for “store.steampowered.com” and press Enter.
- The site which will now open in front of you will ask about your login credentials. So, enter your username and password to sign in to your account.
- Look for your name which will be located on the top right corner of the screen and then, click on it. A menu will drop-down, select “Account Details” from the list.
- Now, scroll down on the page that opens and click on the “Delete Account” button.
- A few set of instructions will appear, you just have to click on the “Proceed to account deletion” option. And that’s it the process of deletion will begin.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to fill a form with all the details of your account that you are deleting to verify the ownership.
- Now, the Steam support will send you an email on your email address to verify your account, once you click on the link to confirm, your account will be locked for 30 days and then, it will be deleted permanently.
This is the only way to delete Steam account, there’s no other way of removing your account along with your information permanently. Also, the Steam support provides its users with a duration of 30 days before they permanently delete your account. These days, if you change your mind, you can cancel the process of deletion.
How To Permanently Delete Games From Steam Library?
So, the thing is you don’t have to delete Steam account if you wanted to remove games from your library, there’s a way to remove them. Therefore, follow the provided steps if you want to remove games from your Steam library:
- Head to the Steam Support website.
- You will be asked to enter your login details, including your usernames and password. Enter the details and log in to your account.
- Now, click on the “Games” option, and then choose the games that you desire to delete from your Steam library.
- On the next screen, you have to confirm whether you want to delete the game permanently from your Steam account. Simply, follow the screen instructions, and your games will be removed successfully from your Steam library.
2nd method: You can directly head to the Steam Client and open it on your PC. Select the game that you wish to remove from your Steam library but in Details view. The option of removing doesn’t arise in the icons view thus, change it to the details view. You have to click on the support link located on the right, and then confirm that you have to delete the game permanently from your account.
How To Uninstall Steam On PC
It is a long process as one needs to remember that uninstalling Steam software from your PC will also remove the games and your saved data. So, before uninstalling we would suggest you back up your files. Here’s how you can back up your files, it’s better to backup your data before you delete Steam account:
- First of all, open Steam on your PC, and then, there’s a Steam button located on the top left side of the window, click on it.
- A menu will drop down as you click on that button, choose the “Backup and Restore games..” option.
- Then, click on “Backup”. Now, Steam will let you choose from the wide collection of games that you want to backup and also the location where you want to store the backup.
- Once your backup is completed, you can head forward to uninstalling the software.
Here’s how you uninstall the Steam software from your PC:
- Type “Add or remove programs” in the Windows search bar and press Enter.
- Now, click on the “Open” option to open the page, and then look for Steam software.
- And then click on the “uninstall” option. This will delete the program from your PC completely.
We have covered every tiny detail on the methods that one can use to delete Steam account. Also, we have provided enough information on how you can delete the Steam software or remove games from the Steam library. There is only one possible method to delete your account, and it is the most efficient way.
I hope you liked reading the article and found it useful. Leave your queries and compliments in the comments down below!