There are thousands of reasons wanting to delete a social media account such as it could be a sign of distraction, need for escape from social media, or want to simply delete an older unused account. Snapchat is one of the many popular and commonly used social media platforms where users can chat with their friends and families and take a lot of selfies using Snapchat filters. Therefore, if you want to delete a Snapchat account then you will have to read this article because, in this article, we are going to provide you with the process to delete Snapchat account precisely.
How To Delete Snapchat Account?
It is a very easy process that includes a couple of steps that will hardly take you 5-7 minutes and you will be able to delete your Snapchat account permanently. However, you need to know that Snapchat has a policy where once you decide to delete your account, they deactivate it for 30-days.
This means that you can reactivate your account after deleting it within the span of 30-days just in case you change your mind. But if you didn’t reactivate your account within the set period then, your account will be permanently deleted along with all the chats, photos, your data, etc.
1. For Computer
So, keeping all of this in mind, we are providing you with the steps to delete Snapchat account on your computer:
- First of all, you have to click on this link here, a new webpage will open once you click the provided link. You will see a menu located on your left-hand side, click on the “My Account and Security” option from that menu.
- Then, you have to click on the “Delete my Account” option which will then open a new page on the same website, there you will be told to click on the hyperlink i.e., Account Portal, so click on it.
- A new webpage will open in front of you, you will be asked to log into your Snapchat account with your credential. So, enter your Snapchat username and the respective password to log in.
- Once you have entered your credentials and have activated Two-factor authentication on your account then, they will ask you to enter an OTP that they would have sent to either your email ID or registered phone number.
- Once you’re into your account, you will be provided with several options, you have to click on the “Delete My Account” option.
- And finally, you are on the last step of this process, Snapchat will provide you with a bit of information on the 30-days deactivation policy, you just have to re-enter your username and your password. After that, your account will be deactivated for 30-days and then, will be automatically deleted after the set period if not reactivated again.
2. For Mobile
Now, we will discuss how one can delete their Snapchat account using the Snapchat app on Android and iOS devices. Again, it is a very easy and similar process as the above one, but for clarity, we are going to provide you with a step-by-step guide for the same, so let’s jump into the process now:
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile phone, and then, click on your Bitmoji avatar which is located on the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, click on the settings option which is a gear-like symbol available on the top-right corner. After you have entered the Settings menu, scroll down and stop at the Support heading, and click on the “I Need Help” option under that respective heading.
- Snapchat’s Support page will open on your mobile screen, you will see a search bar on that page, click on it and type ‘delete account’ and you will see an option of “Delete My Account” in the search results.
- You will be asked to open the hyperlink called “Accounts Portal”, once you will press it, you will be taken to the “Delete Account” page.
- Here, you will have to enter your log-in credentials which include your Snapchat username and your password. And after entering them, click on the “Continue” button to deactivate your account.
Reactivate Your Snapchat Account
Many people delete their account for several different reasons but then after few days, they realize that they need their account back and they think that it is not possible. But let me tell you that it is possible you can get back your account along with all your data if you log back into your Snapchat account within 30-days.
It is a Snapchat policy where they preserve the user’s data for 30-days after deleting their account; it deactivates it and allows the users to reactivate into their account. To reactivate your deleted account, you just have to simply log into your account using your username and password and that is it!
And that is it we have provided all the relevant information that we could regarding how to delete Snapchat account on both computer and mobile phones. The process is very simple to follow and you get quite enough time to reactivate your account just in case if you want to. I hope the article was helpful and that you all liked reading it. If you still have any queries then you can let us know in the comments below.