Chatting without emojis, is this even possible in today’s world? I suppose, no, emojis have become an integral part of everyone’s social life. Emojis are the emotions that we are likely to express when people are not talking face to face. They help in a better understanding of the feelings behind a sentence or chat. But sometimes, you just can’t find that one emoticon that you have in your mind but not on your keyboard. This is when you think there is a need to create your own emoji.
And in this article, we are going to talk about it in detail and also, we are going to tell you about a few applications that you can use for the same purpose.
How To Create Your Own Emoji On Android?
First, let us look at how one can create emojis of one choice on Android devices. We all know the emojis on Android are pretty different from those on iOS. People tend to like iOS emojis more than Android ones because they are more decent-looking, I guess.
But let us come back to the creation of the emojis, I am going to use the Emoji Creator app for explaining to you the steps below. You can download a similar app, or you can choose any other app from the list provided by the end of this article. So, here’s how you can create emoticons on Android:
- As soon as you will open the Emoji Maker app, you will see a lot of options in front of you. You have to click on the “New Emoji” option.
- You will be taken to the creation screen where you will create your own emoji. First, start by choosing a background for the emoji, it could be a circle, a dog face, or an evil horn face, or it can also be an animated background.
- You will see an icon menu present at the bottom of the screen viewing the eye, mouth, hair, other gestures, etc. You can choose from that menu to add eyes and other facial gestures to your emoji.
- And lastly, when you are done making the emoji as you like, you can click on the tick option present at the top rightmost side to save your emoji in your gallery.
- That is it, now you can share this emoji on any app that you like with your friends and family.
How To Create Your Own Emoji On iOS?
On iOS devices, you don’t need an app to create your emojis, here you can create Memoji. Memoji is an animated human or the animated version of you. If you will create a Memoji on iPhone/iPad then, it can look like you or you can mold it to look like any other face such as the face of a celebrity or singer.
These are more fun than normal emojis, and since this feature has been introduced in iOS devices, people have gone crazy. Here’s how you can create a Memoji for yourself on your iOS device:
- First of all, open the Messages app on your iPhone/iPad.
- You can either tap on the create new message icon which is located at the top right side or you can go to any other existing message.
- Click on the place where we type a message and as soon as the keyboard opens up, you have to click on the “Animoji” icon. This icon has a monkey in it.
- Then, simply expand the Animoji option, and tap on the Plus sign.
- Now, it is the creation time, start creating your avatar, by choosing the skin color, hair, clothes, etc. You can also, choose the shape of the face, nose, eyes, etc, and make it look either like you or someone else.
- That is it, after you have added all the additional accessories to your Memoji, you can click on the Done option.
4 Best Applications For Creating Emoji/Stickers
There are so many alternative apps that you can use to create own emojis, and they are super fun. In this article, we are going to list a few for you all. Try them and have fun for yourself, act cool by sharing them with your friends.
If you are a Snapchat user then, you know what Bitmoji is. It is an amazing app that lets you create your avatar for Snapchat and has numerous sticker varieties to choose from.
It has also found its way to Tinder. And people use these stickers by downloading the app and creating their own avatar and then, adding it to their Google keyboard. This way they can use them in whichever app they like. Also, the Bitmoji avatar that you create looks very similar to you in real life. It is compatible with both Android and iOS.
The ZMoji is very similar to the old version of Bitmoji. In this app, you can create your own emoji/sticker from scratch by adding eyes, nose, eyebrows, etc. of your preference. And then air, shoes, clothing as well. It is another fun app that you can try.
Also, when you have created your sticker, you will be asked to enable the ZMoji keyboard using which you can easily share stickers and animated stickers to any app.
However, it is not a free app, you can take a 7-day free trial in iOS but for the pro version, you will have to subscribe. And the Android version has been deleted from the PlayStore.
We all know that stickers came way after emojis, but emojis still have our entire hearts. They can never go off the trend. So, here’s another alternative for you all where you can create emojis of your choice. You will get complete control over how you want your emoji to look while using this app.
I hope you will be able to create all the emotions you want to draw using this app. Whereas you will have to purchase some of the elements that are locked in the app, otherwise everything else is Free. You can install it for iOS from here.
4. Gboard Minis
If you are a Gboard user on Android/iOS, then you don’t need a third-party app for creating stickers that looks like you. It will create stickers that look very similar to the Bitmoji ones and are called Minis.
You will be asked to click selfies and then, you can customize your minis as you like, and that is it. You will be able to use them from the keyboard whenever you like.
We hope that we have provided you with enough information on how you can create your own emoji/sticker on both Android/iOS devices. We have provided you with alternatives, that you can use for the same. I hope this was a fun article, and that you liked reading it. If you will have any queries then, you can let us know in the comments below.