Tinder is probably the most popular dating app giving its best services to people these days. It has become famous, especially among youngsters. You can swipe and see the list of people and then you can see if it’s a “MATCH” between you and your partner. The Tinder Gold version of the app has amazing features and it is worth the price.
However, the premium version is not that cheap, and thus one would want to cancel their subscription after a certain time. But there are a lot of doubts about how to cancel Tinder Gold. And in this article, we will clear them all!
How to Cancel Tinder Gold Subscription?
Tinder is used by a lot of people these days, to meet new people and make a bond. It was the first-ever social app that introduced the ‘swipe’ feature. You can access many of the features with Tinder free app but, Tinder offers more and different features with a subscription: Tinder Gold or Tinder Plus. A premium version seems stupid to use but it will be true when you get a match and about to date. You can cancel your subscription anytime when you realize that you no longer need it!.
Tinder is available on different platforms, you can use this application anywhere on any device. Thus, Tinder Gold subscription can be canceled on any of them, if you like. If you want to learn about canceling Tinder Gold subscription, keep reading till the end, we have explained with a step-by-step guide down below. Canceling Tinder Gold subscription is pretty simple on both Android or iOS, follow the below-given steps to know how to cancel Tinder Gold:
Here’s how you can cancel your subscription while using the Tinder app on your Android devices:
- First of all, open the menu by clicking on the three-line icon. a list of options will slide out.
- The menu will open up, now just tap on the “Subscriptions” option.
- A page will open up again, now just click on the “Cancel Subscription” option to cancel your subscription.
It is a little hard to cancel subscriptions when you are an Apple user. It has always been confusing to everyone, but we are going to clarify every step for you so just keep following every step. Here’s how to cancel Tinder Gold:
- Go to the Settings app in your iOS device and then, tap on the “ iTunes & App store”.
- As soon as the page opens up, click on your Apple ID, they may ask you to log in with your Apple ID or Touch ID.
- Once the above step is done, simply tap on the “Subscriptions” option and then lookup for the Tinder app and click on it.
- Now for the last step, tap on the “Cancel Subscription” button which is available at the bottom to cancel the subscription.
If you are using Tinder online, then you should follow the below steps to cancel Tinder Gold:
- Go to your browser and type “tinder.com” in the search bar and click Enter to open the website.
- Now, you will have to log in to your Tinder account using your credentials.
- Now, click on your profile icon, the icon which has your photo.
- Lookup for the Manage Account option and then, select it.
- Now, all you have to do is click on Cancel or disable Auto-renew option.
Using Credit Card
If you used a Credit card to activate your subscription for Tinder then, you can follow the given steps to disable your Tinder Gold subscription:
- Open the Tinder app in your Android device.
- Now tap on your profile icon to open up your Profile’s page.
- Lookup for the Manage Payment option and then, click on it.
- Then, click on “Cancel Subscription”.
Does Deleting Tinder Account Cancel Subscription?
NO, the answer to this question is a straight No, if you subscribed for the Tinder Gold with your Google Play Store ID or Apple ID. Even if you delete the app from your device, the payment of the subscription will still be debited from your credit card or debit card. Thus, deleting the app will not stop/cancel the subscription of Tinder Gold.
However, deleting the account from the app can make certain changes, as the subscriptions of your premium plan will be automatically canceled. And thus, you will not be charged for any further costs.
Also, remember that canceling your Premium account won’t affect your profile on the Tinder app. You will still have access to all the features while using the free version of that app.
Few Things To Note Before Cancelling Tinder Gold
There are several doubts in the minds of people when it comes to canceling a paid subscription, so we would like to clear all those doubts for you by mentioning a few common points about Tinder Gold. Have a look at them:
- You will still have access to all the features even if you have canceled your subscription early from the period provided to you, you can enjoy the subscription for the remaining days that you paid for. You will be able to enjoy the days till the specified date of subscription.
- Deleting the app from your android or iOS device will not cancel the subscription.
- Tinder doesn’t refund the amount that you paid for a subscription even if you have canceled it.
How Can One Apply For Refund Of Tinder Gold Subscription?
In this section, we will tell you how you can apply for a refund for your Tinder Gold/Plus subscription. Although, we can’t guarantee you that you will receive your paid amount. We would recommend that you follow these steps on your PC rather than using a phone. Down below are the steps to request a Tinder refund using the Google Play store:
- First of all, go to your Google Play store account.
- Now, open up the menu and click on Order History and then, select the Tinder subscription that you want to refund.
- Now, Select “More” and then click on “Report a problem” option and while Requesting a refund, a couple of options will appear asking the reason for the refund, click whichever option you think is appropriate.
- Select the refund option and complete any explanations asked.
- Simply, send the report and you will find an acknowledgment soon.
However, the refund process will take a little time maybe a couple of days but you will be notified as soon as the company decides on whether to grant you a refund or maybe not.
And this is a wrap! We have covered every single detail you need to know to cancel Tinder Gold, all the information mentioned above is verified. I hope you find this article useful and have cleared every doubt that one can have while canceling their subscription. Please feel free to ask any further queries in the comments down below!