Apex Legends is one of the amazing games that came over 5 months ago and is the most recent game over the Internet. The game has acquired over 60 million players within such a short period. It has flipped the game for almost all the pre-existing games over the Internet. However, many of its players are experiencing several crashes in the game. Thus, in this article, we will be giving a few solutions to fix the Apex Legends crashing on startup.
How to Stop Apex Legends Crashing Issue?
Here we are providing you with 7 methods that might help you in fixing the frequent crashes happening in the game Apex Legends. These solutions might solve the problem, try them all until you find the right fix.
1. Restarting The Game
Whenever a game or an app crashes, the first thing that comes to our mind is to restart that particular application. Because we are aware that most of the issues can be fixed by just restarting the game. Thus, we would suggest that you restart the Apex Legends and then, see if the issue is solved. If still, the problem continues to exist then, you can follow the below fixes.
2. Updating Your Drivers
Another solution for fixing the Apex Legends crashing issue is to update your computer’s drivers. Updating drives is an important thing to do to ensure that your PC works without any issues. You need to keep your PC up to date with all the updates to increases its efficiency.
However, I will be providing you with direct links to some drivers page so that you can install the latest drivers from those pages. It has been the top problem for gamers, as the game crashes if you make use of outdated drivers.
3. Disabling The “Origin In-game” Settings
There’s one more solution that can fix the game from crashing. All you have to do is disable the Origin In-game option from the Origin client. Here’s how you can do this:
- First of all, head to your Origin and then tap on the “Preference” option.
- Now, you have to click on the Origin In-game tab which is located on the rightmost corner.
- As soon as the screen appears, you will see an Enable Origin In-game option with a switch, you need to turn it off (just as shown in the image below).
That is it, you should now re-open the game and verify if it still crashes.
4.Uninstalling And Reinstalling Origin
We need to update the Origin from time to time for preventing crashes in the Apex legends game. However, the Origin Client auto-updates itself, but we need to keep an eye on its updates. We have seen players recommending to keep the Origin updated to avoid any bugs, crashes, etc. Here’s how you Uninstall Origin to prevent Apex Legends from crashing:
- Using Windows 10, head to the Control Panel on your PC.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall a program” option located under the Programs.
- Look for Origin and then tap on the Uninstall option to delete the program from your PC.
If you’re using Mac OS, then we would recommend you to follow the below-given steps for uninstalling Origin from your PC:
- All you have to do is, open your Applications folder on Mac.
- Now, look for Origin client in those applications and then, simply drag the icon into the Trash sign. This will uninstall Origin from your PC.
Now, another step is to Reinstall the Origin Client in your PC, this will ultimately solve all the issues associated with the improper functioning of the game. Here’s how you can reinstall Origin Client back to your PC:
- Once you are done with the uninstalling process of Origin client, you have to head back to the Origin page from where you will be able to download the latest version of Origin for Mac OS or Windows 10.
- Click on the Download button and that is it, you have successfully reinstalled the Origin Client on your PC. Now, launch the Apex Legends game and see if the crashing problems get fixed.
5. Repair Apex Legends In Origin
The fifth solution that we are going to tell you for fixing the Apex Legends crashing issue is by this very effective method. You have to repair the game in the Origin client and this might surely fix the issue, here’s how you can to do so:
- Head to the origin client on your PC.
- Now, you have to choose the My Game Library option.
- Look for the Apex Legends game from the library and then, simply select the “Repair Game” option. That is it!
6. Increasing FPS
We have come across many answers where users agreed that setting FPS on 60 has helped them in overcoming frequent crashes and bugs from the game. Here we will tell you how you can set the game’s max FPS to 60:
- First of launch Origin and then sign in to your account using your login credentials.
- Now, you have to click on the “My Game Library” option and then, look for Apex Legends.
- Simply right-click on the game and then choose Game Properties.
- Click on the tab labeled “Advanced Launch Options”.
- Now, you have to type “+fps_max 60” as it is under the Command Line Arguments(copy and paste the command without inverted commas).
- Press on the Save button.
That is it, now re-launch the game on your PC and check if the issue gets fixed.
7. Disabling Full-Screen Optimization
For people who are not aware full-screen optimization is a feature that lets you run an application on your PC borderless, making its display more enhanced. This feature causes issues with that software that are not fully optimized. Here’s how you can disable this feature for Apex Legends:
- Locate the Apex Legends shortcut on your desktop and then right-click on it and select the option of “Open File Location”.
- The game installation folder will open up, look for “r5apex.exe” or just search it from the search bar. Right-click on that file, and select the Properties option.
- Now, click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab, and under it, you have to tick the box labeled “Disable fullscreen optimizations”.
- Lastly, click on the “Apply” button and then, run the Apex Legends.
These were the only solutions that we think might work efficiently in helping you fix the frequent crashes in Apex legends. We hope these fixes might help you and hope that you liked reading this article. We would recommend you move to another method if one doesn’t work. Let us know if you have any more queries.