Apex Legends is a fun game that has a pretty sizeable userbase. First-person shooting games have become very popular in the gaming scene. Thousands of gamers are on the lookout for newer and more exciting shooting and arsenal games, Apex Legends is a perfect example of it. In this article, we will tell you all about Apex Legends and how to fix Apex Engine Error.
Some games tend to lag or glitch in the middle due to long hours of overwork. It might seem like a situation that might give rise to panic, but it’s quite common for these errors to occur. The Apex Engine error is one such problem that can be fixed in 4 simple ways. Keep reading to find out more.
What is Apex Legends?
The game that we’re talking about today is Apex Legends. Developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts. Apex Legends is a shooter game that has elements of battle royale. The game revolves around gunplay, designing battle strategies, and other skill and action enthusiasts. The game is compatible with a lot of devices, some of them are- PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox One.
The game has been around for a long time and has eight versions of it to show for. Inspired by the game Titangall, Apex Legends has more unique and attention-grabbing elements that have the fans glued to their screens. It involves planets across the galaxy, conglomerates with unimaginable wealth, and unknown worlds that will blow your mind away.
What is Apex Engine Error?
Apex Engine errors are quite common among the players of this game. The causes of the problem can be varied, we have listed all the possibilities below. Make sure you go through them all to identify the root problem of the error in your game.
- A change of data drivers will be needed if you’re using an old data driver. When you don’t update these in a long time, the Apex Legends Engine error appears.
- Permission for the file to run is important and if the access is not there, then the error will show up.
- Corrupt files also contribute to the Apex Legends engine error. If there is no proper protection against corrupt files, then the game will crash.
How to Fix Apex Engine Error?
Now that we know why the Apex Engine error occurs, we’ll move on to the solution. The problem has a relatively simple fix. Make sure you go through all the methods and try them all.
1. Data Drivers Update
Here are steps to follow:
- The first step is to downloading and installing software called Driver Easy. This software will help you update and check for malfunctions in your data driver. Driver Easy is software with a good reputation, and it has two versions for you to use. One is the free version, which will let you do a limited number of operations and the other is a premium version that will let you use all the features of the software.
- Run the software and tap on the ‘Scan Now’ option.
- Once the scan is over, select the ‘Update All’ option. This ensures that all the drivers are updated and there is no malfunctioning.
- After the update is over, you will have to restart your device for the updates to show.
- Once you restart and run your game file, things should go back to normal.
2. Give Administration Permission
Here are some steps to follow:
- As mentioned in the ‘What is Apex Legends Engine error?’ section, in some cases, the problem appears due to no permission granted to the game. So the first thing you need to do is select the Windows logo key and type in Apex Legends.
- Once you see the game file, right-click and choose the ‘Open file location option.
- In the File Explorer pop-up, right-click on Apex Legends .exe and select the Properties option.
- When the Properties option opens up, select the ‘Compatibility’ option.
- Next to that, you will find a ‘Run this program as an administrator’ option, select that, and press on Apply.
- Restart your device to see if the Apex Engine error persists.
3. Fix Corrupt Files
Here are steps to follow:-
- The first step to identifying and eliminating corrupt files is to open Origin and select the ‘My Game Library’ option.
- The second step is to right-click on Apex Legends the game and select the ‘Repair’ option.
- The repair might take some time so be patient for a few minutes.
- Once the repair is finished, a notification will pop up.
- Now close the application and restart the game to see whether the Apex Legends Engine error is still present.
You have reached the end of the ‘Apex Engine error’ article. If you’re here then we’re sure your error has been fixed and you can go ahead and play like before. Get your groove back on and let those enemies have a taste of your super cool inventory. Make sure that your shooting moves are out of this world and keep on improving your strategy skills. Have fun gaming!