We are soon going to step out of this quarantine and get back to our schools, and there are chances that many of us are planning to buy new stuff. Now is the best time to take the highest benefits of the Amazon Prime Student Discount. Many of you might not be aware of this amazing program, so we are going to enlighten you with every tiny piece of information and benefit offered by this program primarily for college students.
What Is Amazon Prime Student Discount?
Many of us are not completely familiar with the Amazon Prime Student offer that is provided by Amazon to its customers. This is a membership program offered by Amazon to college students. If you become a part of this program then you will be offered a six-month trial which will include unlimited access to Amazon Prime i.e. you will be able to watch movies, shows, etc. for free. Also, you can enjoy the free Two-Day shipping on over 50 million items, and the advantage of unlimited storage with Prime photos, exclusive deals for members, and much more.
And once, your Amazon Prime Student 6-months trial ends, you will have the benefit of being a Prime member and enjoy Prime at half the price. This is awesome and the best deal for college students! Amazon Prime Student is available free of cost for the first 6-months and then, after your free trial ends, you can continue to enjoy Prime with all its benefit at a half-price i.e. $6.49/ per month. Below, I will be telling you what are the requirements for being a member of the Amazon Student prime program.
Minimum Requirements For Amazon Prime Student Discount
Here are a few things that are required before you sign up for the Amazon Prime Student Discount. It is important to have the following things, or else, you won’t be able to get access to this offer:
- You need to have an Amazon account and if you don’t have one already then you can create a new Amazon account from here.
- You will need a valid .edu ID, it is an email address that is linked to your university and is under your name. Also, it is not mandatory to have an Amazon account with the same email ID. The .edu email address is required to verify that you are a college student and to verify they will send you an email. So, it should be valid and you should have access to that ID.
- You will require your graduation year as Amazon will ask for it.
- Also, you need to have a valid document as proof that you are a college student. However, they usually don’t ask for proof but you should have one if Amazon asks for it.
How Can One Claim Amazon Prime Student Discount?
Joining the Amazon Prime Student program is very easy, you can be a member of this amazing program in just a few minutes if you meet all the requirements mentioned above. It’s an easy and quick process, I will guide you step-by-step on how you can be a member of this program and enjoy all the Prime benefits.
First of all, you have to open the Amazon official website and then, log in to your Amazon account. Or you can directly click on this link here, and then, tap on the “Try Prime Student” or “Start your 6-month trial” button, this will lead you to another page.
You can now log in here and then move forward to the other page. Now, Amazon will ask you to enter certain details. It will ask you to enter a .edu email address which is your university-provided email ID, and the expected year of Graduation. The graduation year is asked because Amazon will end your membership once your graduation is completed.
when you enter all these details and a payment method then, Amazon will send you an email on your .edu ID to verify that you are a college student and has access to that email address. You will be sent a link and as soon as you click on that link from your email ID, your account gets verified and you are ready to enjoy the Amazon Prime student discount.
Alternative Way For Claiming Amazon Prime Student Discount?
Now, some of you must be wondering what if one doesn’t have a .edu email address, there’s no need to lose hope, we have an alternative way for you.
If you want to become a member of this program then, all you have to do is prove to Amazon that you are a part of an eligible university located in one of the 50 states in the US, or Washington D.C. You will have to provide certain documents as asked by Amazon, and if you get verified then, you can enjoy the benefits. You are required to mail Amazon with a scan or photo of any one of the following documents at the email address: email@example.com
- Photo of Student ID card having the current term mentioned or the expiration date of the last term.
- The fees slip of your current term having your name and the name of the University written on it.
- An official letter of acceptance to the next term with a valid date.
- A transcript of the current term having your name and the name of the school.
In this article, we have covered everything you need to know about the Amazon Prime Student Program. We hope that you find this article useful and were able to avail the amazon prime student discount.
I have provided every tiny piece of information that might help you understand this program, its requirements, and the application process. If you still have any queries relating to this program then, please let us know in the comments below.