Playing Minecraft is always a fun session for the single-players. Filled with many adventures and quests, Minecraft players can do it all in this amazing block land. Having said that, do you wonder how it would be if you could share your game and journey with other Minecraft enthusiasts? In this article, we’ll tell you ‘how to add friends on Minecraft’.
With this article, you will be able to interact with your friends easily. If the particular Minecraft game is not meant to be a multiplayer game, then you and your friends can get to know about each other’s inventory, skins, and other cool stuff. Keep reading to find out how to add friends.
What is Minecraft?
Let’s begin with a brief introduction to Minecraft for those who are new to the game. You must have heard of and played with blocks as a kid, now imagine an entire world made out of the same blocks. That is Minecraft in short for you. Players can create with the help of their surroundings or choose to battle, whatever sails your boat.
There are countless scenarios and other action-packed things to do in the world of Minecraft. You can even spice up the gameplay by changing your appearance (a.k.a. skin) and textures. If you have a flair for making your own weapons then you can do that too!
With the latest Minecraft update, players can not only choose worlds, but now you can choose different realms as well to play. Pretty cool right? Lastly, Minecraft is available on a lot of devices such as Windows, Android, iOS, Xbow, and Playstation so that you never have to stop creating and playing.
How to Add Friends on Minecraft?
Playing Minecraft alone is not a bad prospect at all, but the fun increases when you play it with your friends. That’s why we’ll tell you how to add friends and make your overall gaming experience much better. First, let’s look at how to add friends on Minecraft PE, which is the Pocket Edition. Second, we’ll go through how to add friends on Minecraft on the Bedrock edition.
1. How to Add Friends on Minecraft PE
To add friends in Minecraft PE, you need to have the app. You can easily download the app from AppStore or PlayStore. Once you finish installing the app, you need to sign in to your Minecraft account, if you don’t have a Minecraft account, then you need to make one. The login process is quite simple and can be done in no time. Once you are logged in, follow the steps given below.
1. Creating Your Own Server
- When you open the game, there will be a ‘New World’ option, in that select ‘Create new’.
- Once you select The ‘Create new’ option press on ‘Generate random’ to make a world for you and your friends. The one condition to keep in mind is that all the players must use the same WiFi network.
- On the bottom left you will find the option ‘Multiplayer’, select that.
- Turn the Multiplayer game mode on. In most cases, the switch will be on but just recheck.
- Now click on Play. This will launch the game.
- After launching the game, pause it and click on the ‘Invite to Game’ option.
- You can invite 4 friends if you don’t have their names in your list you can click on ‘Add friends’ and put in their game tags.
- After adding your friends, click on ‘Send invite’. This will send all the friends that you’ve added to the list an invite for the game.
2. Joining a Friend’s Server
- If your friend is inviting you to a game, then you need to first add a server to your game.
- When you open your game, on the top-right you can see the ‘Friends’ option. Click on it.
- Select the ‘Add External Server’ option.
- Here you need to fill in the server’s address and server name.
- Click on ‘Save’.
- The server will take a few minutes to load, and then you can start playing with your friends.
2. How to Add Friends on Minecraft Bedrock Edition
The Bedrock edition is very convenient to use for multiplayer purposes. The process of adding friends to the game is very simple. Just follow the steps given below and you’ll be playing with your friends in no time!
- Log in to your Minecraft Account. When you open your game, go to the Worlds option on the top right.
- Here you will find an ‘Invite to Game’ option.
- Now you can add friends that are already on your list or select the ‘Find cross-platform friends’ option.
- Enter your friend’s gamer tag and click on ‘Add a Friend’.
- Once you add them, send them an invite to the game.
- Your friend will be added to the game once they accept the invite.
You’ve reached the end of the ‘how to add friends on Minecraft’ article. We’re sure you now are aware of the ways to add friends to the game. Don’t forget to gear up and choose the best scenario according to you to play with your mates. All you need to do right now is get ready for double the fun with your friends in the amazing land of Minecraft. Have fun gaming!